Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrested listed.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Marcos Valentin Martinez, 29, pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana. He was sentenced to jail for 60 days, and fined $100.
• Susan Deloris Read, 70, pleaded guilty to driving under the influence of intoxicants. She was sentenced to jail for 48 hours, bench probation for 18 months, and fined $1,490. Her driver’s license was suspended for one year.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of March 14-20:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 17
• Average inmates: 20.8
• Bookings: 8
• Releases: 6
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 1
• Fingerprints: 7
• Civil papers processed: 9
• Warrants processed: 3
• Assistance/welfare check: 2
• Search and rescue operations: 1
• Jonathan Gill, 24, Saraland, Alabama, was cited for speeding (44/30 zone).
John Day dispatch worked 103 calls during the week of March 17-23. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
March 19: Hit-and-run reported at Dairy Queen.
March 20: Cited a John Day woman for allowing a dog to be a nuisance.
• Grant County Sheriff:
March 17: Arrested a John Day man for criminal mischief.
March 20: Search and rescue responded for a reported lost person in the area of Forest Service Road 5850, off South Fork Road.
March 21: Arrested a Long Creek man on a Grant County warrant and for assault on a peace officer.
• Prairie City ambulance:
March 18: 81-year-old man with difficulty breathing.
• Prairie City Fire Department:
March 18: Grass fire reported at Johnson Avenue and Washington Street.
• John Day ambulance:
March 17: 59-year-old woman with breathing problems.
March 20: Paged for a 58-year-old Seneca woman with diabetic problems.
• Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife:
March 21: Reported cougar sighting in the Patterson Drive area.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Operating a vehicle without driving privileges: Keith P. Sroczynski, 52, Springfield, fined $260.
• No or invalid ODOT pass: Gregory Schuler, 55, Cincinnati, fined $435.
• Violation of the basic rule: Dustin A. Oates, 24, John Day, 74/55 zone, fined $135; Patricia Elaine Ibach, 63, Redmond, 73/55 zone, fined $135; Steven Lee Atkins, 60, Richland, Wash., 74/55 zone, fined $160.
• Driving uninsured: James Dean Loveday, 51, Mt. Vernon, fined $260.
• Harlan Egli, Dayville, was convicted of driving while suspended-misdemeanor, which was reduced to a violation. He was fined $260.
• James Dean Loveday, Mt. Vernon, was convicted of driving while suspended-misdemeanor. He was sentenced to 12 months probation, 40 hours community service, and fined $500.
• David DesJardin, John Day and Boise, Idaho, was convicted of second-degree criminal trespass. He was sentenced to 12 months probation and 60 hours community service. He was ordered to write a letter of apology to the victim, have no contact with the victim or the immediate family, and fined $500.
• Andria L. Kelley, John Day, was convicted of minor in possession of alcohol, and fined $260. Her driver’s license was suspended for one year, with a mandatory minimum of 90 days.
• Austin Harris, Walla Walla, Wash., was convicted of minor in possession of alcohol, and fined $260. His driver’s license was suspended for one year, with a mandatory minimum of 90 days.