Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrested listed.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• George Earl Mclean, 38, was found guilty by jury verdict of several offenses. For attempt to commit fourth-degree assault, he was sentenced to jail for 151 days. For strangulation, he was sentenced to prison for 30 months, to be consecutive to the previous sentence, post-prison supervision for 36 months, and fined $400. For menacing, he was sentenced to jail for 151 days, to be concurrent with all previously imposed sentenced. The court dismissed one count of second-degree disorderly conduct.
• Sara Michelle Colton, 25, pleaded guilty to possession of methamphetamine. She was sentenced to supervised probation for 18 months and 100 hours community service, and fined $400.
Oregon State Police
• At 2:44 p.m. April 6, Oregon State Police responded to a report of an ex-husband violating a restraining order in Prairie City.
• At about 7 p.m. April 6, troopers arrested Patrick Buddy Leroy Smith, 38, of Dayville, for driving under the influence of intoxicants-alcohol.
• At 1:52 p.m. April 7, troopers responded to a complaint about illegal garbage dumping on Canyon Mountain. Jolyn Reann Kerr, 21, of John Day, was cited for depositing trash within 100 yards of a water way.
• At 5:42 p.m. April 9, OSP responded to a non-injury crash on Highway 26 in Prairie City. Joann Wilson, 76, of Prairie City, was cited for failure to drive within lane.
• At 7:50 p.m. April 9, OSP assisted John Day Police at a reported fight at Riverside Mobile Home Park. Keatley M. Wyant, 23, John Day, was charged with fourth-degree assault, strangulation, interfering with making a report and reckless endangering another person, plus violation of a restraining order and probation violation. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• At about 12:15 p.m. April 11, troopers arrested Mark Dennis Reasoner, 47, of John Day, on an outstanding warrant. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• At 3:46 p.m. April 14, troopers arrested Tyler James Houston, 23, of John Day, on a detainer warrant. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• At about 5:07 p.m. April 14, OSP arrested Peter Michael Brunsman, 63, Dayville, for DUII-alcohol.
• At 6:24 p.m. April 14, troopers arrested Terry L. Craig, 48, of Dayville, for violation of conditional release.
• At 12:49 a.m. April 15, OSP responded to a reported vehicle v. elk crash on Highway 395 near Beech Creek Summit.
• At 8:09 a.m. April 22, OSP investigated a reported vehicle v. deer crash on Highway 26 near Dixie Summit. The driver, Richard Ben Carlton of John Day was taken to Blue Mountain Hospital for treatment of chest pains.
• On April 23, OSP responded to a reported vehicle v. deer crash on Highway 395 north of Silvies. Neither driver nor passenger reported injuries, and the vehicle was drivable.
• At 12:12 p.m. April 25, troopers assisted John Day Police with an ongoing theft investigation at a Prairie City residence. Further investigation led to the recovery of items stolen from an antique store and church. Nicholas Paul Gibson, 22, Prairie City was arrested on probation violation and two charges of second-degree theft. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• At 4:11 p.m. April 27, troopers responded to a reported vehicle crash on Highway 19 near Cant Ranch Park.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of April 18-24:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 9
• Average inmates: 23.4
• Bookings: 8
• Releases: 8
• Fingerprints: 13
• Civil papers processed: 18
• Assistance/welfare check: 1
• Search and Rescue operations: 1
John Day dispatch worked 151 calls during the week of April 21-27. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
April 22: Received a report of a horse running loose at the fairgrounds.
April 24 and 25: Theft reported on Front Street in Prairie City
April 26: Arrested a John Day man for DUII-alcohol; arrested a Prairie City man on a Crook County warrant.
• Grant County Sheriff:
April 27: Report of a theft-in-progress in Granite.
• John Day ambulance:
April 22: Responded for an elderly woman who fell.
April 23: 86-year-old woman who fell.
April 27: Responded for a man with complications from surgery.
• Monument ambulance:
April 21: 79-year-old woman with heart problems.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following for the first quarter of 2014:
• Traffic citations filed: 163
• Crimes filed: 42
• Small claims/civil filings: 42
• Hearings held: 95
• Trials held: 8
• Marriages performed: 5
• Warrants issued: 10
• Cases dismissed: 93
Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments for the past week:
• Dog as a nuisance: Whitney Moore, 27, John Day, fined $260, six-month diversion, to be dismissed if there are no further convictions.
• Violation of the basic rule: John Alfred Branquinho, 64, Los Alamos, Calif., 55/35 zone, fined $160.
• Monty L. Crum, Ione, was convicted of taking bull elk with out valid tag and waste of a game mammal. He pleaded guilty and accepted a plea offer that included the following terms: 24 hours in jail, 12 months probation on each count, 36-month hunting license suspension on each count to run concurrently, a total of 80 hours community service to be converted to $800 in fines, forfeiture of all meat and antlers, $10,000 restitution to the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, and $500 in fines. The court dismissed without prejudice one count of hunting on cultivated or enclosed lands of another.