Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrested listed.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of May 16-22:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 25
• Average inmates: 24
• Bookings: 6
• Releases: 9
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 1
• Fingerprints: 8
• Civil papers processed: 28
• Warrants processed: 2
• Assistance/welfare check: 1
• Search and Rescue operations: 1
• Paula Yeakey, 47, Redmond, was cited for violation of the basic rule, 80/55 zone.
John Day dispatch worked 172 calls during the week of May 19-26. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
May 19: Took a report of child neglect at Riverside Mobile Home Park.
May 21: Arrested a Kodiak, Alaska man for DUII.
May 22: Cited a Sweet Home woman on a warrant.
May 23: Cited a Prairie City man for unsafe passing; cited a Canyon City woman for using a cellphone while driving.
May 24: Assisted Oregon State Police with a reported fight at the Grubsteak Mining Company.
May 25: Cited a John Day man for driving while suspended; cited a John Day man for driving without insurance.
• Grant County Sheriff:
May 20: Theft reported in the Dog Patch Lane area.
May 21: Responded to a restraining order violation at Grant Union High School; theft reported in the Bear Valley area.
May 24: Cited a Phoenix driver for speeding.
May 25: Cited a Baker City woman for speeding.
• John Day ambulance:
May 22: Responded for a man with a knee injury; dispatched for a man with possible diabetic shock.
May 24: 17-year-old having a seizure.
May 26: 35-year-old with a possible broken foot.
• Long Creek ambulance:
May 21: Dispatched for a man who cut his foot with a chain saw.
• Prairie City Fire Department:
May 19: Responded to a fire alarm.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Russell Clark Deboodt, 28, Prineville, 76/55 zone, fined $160; Michael Leon Herod, 65, Loyalton, Calif., 72/55 zone, fined $160; Shyla Rose Marciel, 23, Mt. Vernon, 73/55 zone, fined $160.
• Failure to obtain dog license: Melissa Dawn Woodbury, 38, Prairie City, fined $25.
• Failure to drive within lane: John Lee Moses, 53, Pendleton, fined $200.
• David Box, 25, John Day was cited for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, and fined $650.
• Shannon Taylor of John Day pleaded guilty to six counts of dog as a public nuisance. She was ordered to pay a fine of $260 on the first count, plus restitution of $150.64. Fines for the other five counts were waived after showing proof that the dogs have been put down.