Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrested listed.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Nicole Ann Conover, 18, pleaded guilty to possession of methamphetamine. She was sentenced to jail for 10 days, supervised probation for 18 months and 80 hours community service, and fined $200.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of 19-26:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 11
• Average inmates: 8
• Bookings: 9
• Releases: 7
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 2
• Fingerprints: 13
• Civil papers processed: 7
• Warrants processed: 2
• Assistance/welfare check: 1
• Search and Rescue operations: 1
• Eathen Blalack, 28, Redmond, was cited for possession of more than an ounce of marijuana.
• Jennifer Blalack, 27, Redmond, was cited for violation of the basic rule, 73/55 zone, and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
John Day dispatch worked 137 calls during the week of June 23-29. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
June 26: Arrested a Canyon City man for menacing, disorderly conduct and harassment.
June 27: Arrested a John Day woman for violation of release agreement.
June 28: Cited a Prairie City man for failure to transfer title.
June 29: Arrested a John Day man for DUII; cited a Gresham man and a Portland woman for less than an ounce of marijuana; cited a Bend woman for speeding.
• Grant County Sheriff:
June 23: Took a report of a dead bear.
June 27: Cited a Pendleton woman for speeding.
June 29: Responded to a fight in Mt. Vernon.
• Long Creek ambulance:
June 26: Paged for a woman with pregnancy complications and high fever.
• Monument ambulance:
June 25: Responded for a 73-year-old man.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Claire Jean Reed, 84, Keizer, 81/55 zone, fined $260; Richard D. Henderson, 18, Harrisburg, 81/55 zone, fined $260; Lydia Ruth Baldwin, 22, Charlotte, N.C., 75/55 zone, fined $160; John Demetrius Pougiales, 55, Steamboat Springs, Colo., 74/55 zone, fined $160; Adam Scott Wright, 36, Fenton, Mich., 73/55 zone, fined $160; Hazel Hansen, 19, Haines, 75/55 zone, fined $135.
• Failure to properly use safety belt: Russell Lowell Johnston, 29, Canyon City, fined $95; Kolton Boethin, 19, Canyon City, fined $110; Garrett Lane Carniglia, 19, Canyon City, fined $95; Tiffany E. Allison, 29, John Day, fined $95; Jonathan Michael Coley, 20, Mt. Vernon, fined $95.
• Exceeding speed limit: Travis James Evans, 27, Bend, 51/35 zone, fined $160; Darion David Marlin, 21, Spokane, Wash., 57/35 zone, fined $260; Richard J. Harris, 72, Prairie City, 40/25 zone, fined $125.
• Driving while suspended-violation: Casey Joe Cernazanu, 27, Prairie City, fined $435.
• Driving uninsured: Casey Joe Cernazanu, 27, Prairie City, fined $260.
• Failure to dim headlights: Richard Dennis Maynard, 24, Baker City, fined $235.
• Convicted of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana: Jonathan M. Coley, Mt. Vernon, fined $650; Richard Maynard, Baker City, fined $650; Taylor Tussing, John Day, fined $650.