Cops & Courts
Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrested listed.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Amy Marie Graziano, 29, pleaded guilty to first-degree failure to appear. She was sentenced to jail for 20 days, supervised probation for 24 months and 40 hours community service, and fined $200.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Aug. 15-21:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 26
• Average inmates: 14
• Bookings: 9
• Releases: 10
• Fingerprints: 10
• Civil papers processed: 28
• Warrants processed: 1
• Assistance/welfare check: 2
John Day dispatch worked 164 calls during the week of Aug. 18-24. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Aug. 19: Domestic reported on Northwest 7th Street.
Aug. 24: Cited a Prineville man for speeding.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Aug. 21: Cited a Dayville woman for unsafe passing on the left.
Aug. 22: Cited a Canyon City man for careless driving.
• Long Creek ambulance:
Aug. 23: Responded for an 88-year-old woman with a possible heart attack.
• John Day ambulance:
Aug. 19: Responded for a page from Spray/Kimberly.
Aug. 24: 90-year-old woman with difficulty breathing; dispatched for an elderly woman who fell and injured her leg.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Careless driving-no accident: Jesse Paul Malinowski, 24, Grapeview, Wash., fined $260.
• Exceeding maximum weight limit: Shane Lee Sanders, 41, Seneca, fined $150.
• Exceeding permitted weight limit: Shane Lee Sanders, 41, Seneca, fined $150.
• Driving while suspended-violation: Roger Joe Post, 31, Woodburn, fined $435.
• Violation of the basic rule: Roger Joe Post, 31, Woodburn, 75/55 zone, fined $160; Paul Kofoed, 59, North Vancouver, British Columbia, 81/55 zone, fined $260.
• Driving uninsured: Mollie Elisabeth Graham, 29, Bend, fined $260.
• Careless driving-accident: Nadia Lou Schultz, 76, Prairie City, fined $435.
• Permit unlawful operation of a vehicle: David Robert Kodesh, 19, John Day, fined $220.
• Joshua Wayne Haskins, Prairie City, was convicted of second-degree disorderly conduct, and was fined $260. The court dismissed one count of second-degree criminal trespass.