Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrested listed.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Simmie Kristen Waddel, 34, pleaded guilty to one count of attempt to commit second-degree theft, one for possession of hydrocodone, two for possession of oxycodone and four for third-degree theft. For each she was sentenced to jail for five days, supervised probation for 18 months and 40 hours community service. She was ordered to write letters of apology to all seven victims, and to have no contact with all but one of them. She was fined $400 for each count, plus $50 restitution to each of the victims. The sentences are to be consecutive to all previously imposed ones.
John Day dispatch worked 114 calls during the week of Dec. 22-28. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Dec. 23: Cited a John Day juvenile for speeding.
Dec. 26: Cited a John Day woman for speeding; hit-and-run reported at Chester’s Thriftway.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Dec. 22: Theft of service reported.
Dec. 23: Cited a John Day woman for driving while suspended-violation and driving uninsured.
Dec. 24: Report of a domestic in the 100 block of North Humbolt Street.
Dec. 25: Arrested a Mt. Vernon woman for parole violation; arrested a Bend man in Deschutes County on a Grant County warrant.
• John Day ambulance:
Dec. 22: Dispatched for an elderly man.
Dec. 23: Dispatched for a woman who passed out.
Dec. 24: Dispatched for a person with chest pain.
Dec. 26: 69-year-old man with a breathing problem; assisted an 80-year-old man who fell.
Dec. 27: 54-year-old man with diabetic complications.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Jesse Anthony Olson, 20, Red Bluff, Calif., was convicted of failure to change name/address on driver’s license, fined $110.
• Britt Mitchell Wilcox, John Day, was convicted of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, and fined $650.
Justice Court reported the following for the second quarter of 2014:
• Traffic citations: 205
• Crimes filed: 50
• Small claims/civil: 17
• Cases dismissed: 73
• Total cases docketed: 345
• Hearings held: 75
• Trials – bench/jury: 6
• Warrants issued: 7
For the third quarter of 2014:
• Traffic citations: 247
• Crimes filed: 41
• Small claims/civil: 36
• Cases dismissed: 55
• Total cases docketed: 379
• Hearings held: 80
• Trials – bench/jury: 12
• Warrants issued: 5