Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrested listed.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Tylor John Gifford, 20, pleaded guilty to several counts. The sentences: For fraudulent use of a credit card – 10 days jail, supervised probation for 24 months and 80 hours community service, $200 fine; for first-degree theft, five days jail, bench probation for 18 months, $450 fine, $750 in restitution; for first-degree forgery, 10 days jail, supervised probation for 24 months, 80 hours community service, $200 fine. The sentences are concurrent with all previously imposed ones. For third-degree criminal mischief, he was sentenced to supervised probation for 24 months, 20 hours community service, $100 fine, and $300 in restitution. The court dismissed one count for harassment. For fourth-degree assault, he was sentenced to 10 days jail, supervised probation for 24 months and 40 hours community service, and fined $100. The sentence is to be consecutive to all previously imposed ones. The court dismissed counts for strangulation and menacing. On all convictions he was ordered to have no contact with victims.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Wayne Steven Smith, 45, Riley, 65/55 zone, fined $110; Harold Dean Blackmer, 82, Clackamas, 75/55 zone, fined $160; Richard J. Marsek, 66, Brookfield, Wis., 73/55 zone, fined $160.
• Fail to properly use safety belt: Michael Gene Gast, 26, Mt. Vernon, fined $110; Shane Rickie Combs, 34, John Day, fined $110.
• Exceeding speed limit: Samuel Preston Childress, 38, Bend, 44/30 zone, fined $135.
• Open container of alcohol: Jacob M. Derosier, 27, John Day, fined $260; Justin Alan Scheidegger, 20, John Day, fined $260.
• Driving uninsured: Travis James Freniere, 28, John Day, fined $260.
John Day dispatch worked 127 calls during the week of Jan. 18-15. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Jan. 19: Harassment reported on Front Street in Prairie City.
Jan. 21: Grass fire reported on Dog Creek Road.
Jan. 22: Cited a John Day woman for failure to provide proof of insurance.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Jan. 20: Arrested a John Day man on a Umatilla County warrant.
• Monument ambulance:
Jan. 24: 61-year-old woman with high blood pressure.
• Canyon City Fire Department:
Jan. 20: Dispatched for a flu fire. `
• Long Creek ambulance:
Jan. 19: Responded for a 63-year-old man.
• John Day ambulance:
Jan. 22: Responded for a 73-year-old woman who fell.
• Prairie City ambulance:
Jan. 22: Responded for a 42-year-old man with possible heart attack.
• Oregon State Police:
Jan. 25: Report of shots fired in the area of West Bench and Rock Pit Road.