Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Thomas Ian Gray, 28, pleaded guilty to fourth-degree assault. He was sentenced to jail for four days, supervised probation for 18 months and 60 hours community service, and fined $100. The court dismissed one count of menacing.
• David Wayne Haynes was convicted, on an Alford plea, of conspiracy to deliver methamphetamine. He was sentenced to jail for 17 days. Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Feb. 13-19:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 8
• Average inmates: 7
• Bookings: 6
• Releases: 8
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 4
• Fingerprints: 8
• Civil papers processed: 13
• Warrants processed: 6
• Assistance/welfare check: 2
• Search and Rescue operations: 1
• John Bennett, 58, of Las Vegas, cited for dangerous building and nuisance.
• Raelene Hunt, 26, Mt. Vernon, cited for city ordinance.
• Helen Hunt, 49, Mt. Vernon, cited for city ordinance.
• Robert Gardner, 24, La Grande, cited for violation of the basic rule, 75/55 zone.
John Day dispatch worked 110 calls during the week of Feb. 16-22. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Feb. 16: Report of a bull running down Highway 26 near Moon Creek Road.
Feb. 19: Criminal mischief reported in the 100 block of South Canyon Boulevard; responded to a violation of release agreement in John Day.
Feb. 20: Cited a Prairie City woman for use of a cellphone while driving; report of shots fired in the 600 block of West Main Street in John Day.
Feb. 22: Criminal mischief reported in the 300 block of West Main Street in John Day.
• Monument Fire Department:
Feb. 22: Grass fire reported on Top Road.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Feb. 17: Theft reported in Dayville.
• John Day ambulance:
Feb. 17: Dispatched for a man with difficulty breathing.
Feb. 18: Dispatched for a woman who fell.
Feb. 21: Responded to calls in the Rebel Hill area of Canyon City, the 400 block of North Washington Street in Prairie City, and the 700 block of Southwest Brent Street in John Day.
Feb. 22: Responded for a 92-year old woman who was sick.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Exceeding speed limit: Raymond Herbert Martin, 56, Long Creek, 47/30 zone, fined $160; Stephanie Irene Hodson, 43, Lebanon, 54/30 zone, fined $235; Paul Lee Broeder, 48, La Pine, 61/35 zone, fined $260.
• Violation of the basic rule: Hoang Nygyen Nguyen-Kim, 26, Lansing, Mich., 82/55 zone, fined $260; Robert Ryan Navarro, 36, Kennewick, Wash., 91/55 zone, fined $435; Timothy John Vollmer, 69, Baker City, 70/55 zone, fined $135.
• Failure to property use safety belt: Nicholas P. Seubert, 42, Cottonwood, Idaho, fined $110.
• No Oregon operator’s license: Celeste Donna Lee, 23, Mt. Vernon, fined $260.
• Driving uninsured: Efrain Gary Camacho, 26, John Day, fined $260; Rachel Anne Cross, 28, Prairie City, fined $260.
• Failure to renew registration: Shadwick Edward Moles, 28, John Day, fined $110.