Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Efrain G. Camacho, 26 pleaded guilty to driving under the influence of intoxicants. He was sentenced to jail for 48 hours, bench probation for 18 months and 100 hours community service, and fined $1,100. His driver’s license was suspended for one year. He pleaded guilty to violation driving while suspended or revoked, and was fined $435, and driving uninsured, for a fine of $260. The court dismissed one count of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• Ethan Taylor Thomas, 24, pleaded guilty to felon in possession of a firearm. He was sentenced to jail for 30 days, supervised probation for 36 months and 80 hours community service, and was fined $200. He pleaded guilty to two counts of unauthorized use of a vehicle, and for each was sentenced to jail for 20 days, supervised probation for 24 months and 40 hours community service. He was ordered to have no contact with the victim or their family. The sentences are to be consecutive. He was ordered to pay $9,389.18 in restitution. He pleaded guilty to second-degree criminal mischief, and was sentenced to jail for 10 days and supervised probation for 24 months, and ordered to not enter the grounds or property of the John Day Golf Club. The sentence is to be consecutive to previous ones. He was ordered to pay $650 in restitution to the John Day Golf Club. He pleaded guilty to DUII, and was sentenced to jail for 10 days, supervised probation for 24 months and 40 hours community service. His driver’s license was suspended for three years. The sentence is consecutive to previous ones. He was fined $1,500. The court dismissed counts for first- and second-degree criminal mischief, and two for reckless driving.
Oregon State Police
• At 5:48 p.m. March 9, OSP investigated a single-vehicle crash on State Route 19 north of the Cant Ranch. Gabriel Lee Magee, 27, of Redmond, was taken to Blue Mountain Hospital in John Day for treatment of injuries.
• On March 16, OSP arrested Sara Michelle Colton, 26, Prairie City for initiating a false report. She was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• At about 11:15 p.m. March 21, Tyler James Klimes, 22, Castleford, Idaho, was cited and released for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• At 7:47 p.m. March 29, on Highway 26 and Moon Creek Road, David Joseph Evans, 40, John Day, was arrested for DUII, open container violation, violation of the basic rule (70/55 zone) and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
John Day Dispatch worked 102 calls during the week of March 23-29. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
March 26: Report of a theft at the city shop.
March 27: Reports of shots fired near the airport and in the Corral Gulch Road area; fight reported in a park in Prairie City.
March 29: Responded for a 98-year-old woman.
• Grant County Sheriff:
• Canyon City Fire Department:
March 24: Responded to a reported chimney fire.
• John Day ambulance:
March 26: Responded for an 86-year-old man; responded for an 84-year-old man.
March 28: 60-year-old woman with lung problems.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Donald Hugh Fuller, 74, Boise, Idaho, 70/55 zone, fined $160; Adam L. Gilliam, 23, John Day, 75/55 zone, fined $160.
• Violation of Mt. Vernon City Code: Helen Hunt, 49, Mt. Vernon, fined $100, to be suspended if the nuisance is abated by April 22, 2015.
• Dangerous building: John Bennett, 59, Las Vegas, fined $500, due, if not abated to the City of Mt. Vernon satisfaction by April 22, 2015.
• Nuisance: John Bennett, 59, Las Vegas, fined $100, due, if not abated, to the City of Mt. Vernon satisfaction by April 22, 2015.
• Andrea Klenski of John Day v. Audra Askew and Brian Askew, both of Elgin. Money judgment awarded to Andrea Klenski for $314.
• Cam Credits Inc. v. Jason Dole of Canyon City. Money judgment awarded to Cam Credits Inc. for $866.42.