Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of April 17-23:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 17
• Average inmates: 16
• Bookings: 11
• Releases: 10
• Arrests: 2
• Citations: 2
• Fingerprints: 9
• Civil papers: 17
• Warrants processed: 4
• Asst./welfare check: 2
• Julius Youngren, 60, Salem, was cited for DUII.
• Bruce Grant, 62, Mt. Vernon, was cited for probation violation, fourth-degree assault, harassment and interfering with making a report.
John Day dispatch worked 120 calls during the week of April 20-26. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
April 20: Hit-and-run reported in the 400 block of South Canyon Boulevard.
April 21: Arrested a John Day woman, a John Day man and a Prairie City man on Grant County warrant.
April 22: Cited a John Day woman for disobeying red lights on a school bus; cited an Albany woman for speeding.
April 23: Cited a Redmond man for speeding.
April 25: Cited a John Day man for third-degree theft; arrested a Prairie City man for fourth-degree domestic assault.
April 26: Responded to a report of a disturbance at Meadowbrook Apartments; arrested a White City man for providing false information and several Jackson County warrants, and cited him for speeding, driving while suspended and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• Grant County Sheriff:
April 25: Report of a gun theft in the 300 block of North Humbolt Street.
• Monument ambulance:
April 23: Responded for a 31-year-old man with medication complications.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Gadiq S. Nevo, 33, Ithaca, N.Y., 71/55 zone, fined $160; Shiloh Ann Jackson, 37, Redmond, 83/55 zone, fined $260; David A. Gray, 66, Prairie City, 72/55 zone, fined $135; Joshua Dakota Anderson, 20, La Pine, 76/55 zone, fined $220; Jordyne N. Hellbusch, 20, Baker City, 78/55 zone, fined $220; Amanda J. Vanbatavia, 25, Hines, 74/55 zone, fined $235.
• Open container of alcohol: Johnathan Ryan Shelley, 26, La Pine, fined $260.
• Driving while suspended-violation: Whitney Jo Pattee, 26, Prairie City, fined $435.
• Failure to properly use a safety belt: Evan Jacob Hodge, 37, Mt. Vernon, fined $95.
• Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana: Kyle Nicholas Crumley, 22, Meridian, Idaho, fined $650.
• William F. Brooks, Eagle Point, was convicted of no big game tag. He was fined $700, and his hunting privileges were suspended for 36 months.
• Jared J. Baker was convicted of contempt of court, and sentenced to service 15 days in jail.