Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Oregon State Police
• April 18: At about 9:17 p.m., in Mt. Vernon, cited Attoway Reeder Davis, 21, Prineville, for driving while under the influence of intoxicants and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• April 23: At about 11:18 a.m., arrested Jay Grant Williams, 24, Long Creek, for driving while suspended-felony. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• April 23: At about 3:55 p.m., cited Colin Zachary Neugurger, 34, for unlawful possession of marijuana.
• May 8: At about 6:18 p.m. on Highway 26, east of Prairie City, cited Robert Anthony Rosetti, 44, Prineville for DUII and speeding.
• May 9: At about 11:20 a.m. on Highway 26, west of Fields Creek, arrested Joel Huston, 28, Pendleton, for giving false information to police, and driving while suspended. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• May 9: At about 3 p.m. in Seneca, cited and released Lonnie Dale Plemon Jr., 55, of Seneca for driving while suspended-misdemeanor.
• May 9: At about 8:52 p.m., arrested Anthony Scott Steele, 50, Prairie City, for possession of methamphetamine. He was cited for open container violation and providing a vehicle to an unqualified driver. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• May 10: At about 3:30 p.m., cited and released Harold Gene Wells, 64, Mt. Vernon, for driving while suspended-misdemeanor and failure to install an ignition interlock device.
• May 23: At about 11:50 p.m., arrested Rian Mark Adams, 37, for DUII, and cited him for driving while suspended. He was transported to the Wheeler County Sheriff’s Department.
John Day Dispatch worked 153 calls during the week of May 18-25. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
May 21: Cited a John Day woman for no insurance.
May 22: Cited a John Day woman for maintaining a dog as a nuisance.
May 23: Cited a John Day man for careless driving; cited a Klamath Falls man for speeding.
May 25: Report of a dispute and threats at Hillcrest and Gunther streets.
• Grant County Sheriff:
May 20: Arrested a Canyon City man on a Grant County warrant.
May 21: Theft reported in Canyon City.
May 23: Cited a Canyon City woman for speeding.
May 24: Arrested a Mt. Vernon man for assault.
• John Day ambulance:
May 21: Responded to the South Fork area for someone with a head injury.
May 25: Dispatched for an elderly man with difficulty breathing.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: John Francis Didier, 60, John Day, 92/55 zone, fined $435; Chase T. Jackson, 18, Gresham, 80/55 zone, fined $260; Kate Nicole Rawlins, 49, Burns, 84/55 zone, fined $260.
• Driving while suspended-violation: Joseph Scott Hayzlett, 40, John Day, fined $435.
• Failure to renew registration: Eric Carl Robertson, 45, Canyon City, fined $110.
• Violation of the speed limit: Sherry Lynn Albrecht, 43, Mt. Vernon, 40/25 zone, fined $160.
• Kevin Scott Stacy, Albany, was convicted of taking antlerless elk without tag. He was sentenced to 12 months probation, and fined $750. Conviction will be entered as a violation upon successful completion/termination of probation.
• Kenneth R. Moore, Mt. Vernon, was convicted of aiding in a game violation. He was sentenced to 12 months probation and 20 hours of community service, and fined $250. Conviction will be entered as a violation upon successful completion/termination of probation.
• Sarah Michelle Colton, Mt. Vernon, was convicted of initiating a false report. She was sentenced to 12 months probation and 80 hours of community service, and fined $660.
• Mike Kilpatrick v. Hailey Boethin. Money judgment awarded to Mike Kilpatrick for $7,529.95.