Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Brandon Joseph Elliott, 28, pleaded guilty to delivery of marijuana to a minor, delivery of methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, and endangering the welfare of a minor.
On the first count, he was sentenced to supervised probation for 36 months, 30 days in jail with credit for time served, and ordered to complete 120 hours of community service, abstain from intoxicants and locations where drugs are present, submit to random testing and obtain alcohol and substance abuse evaluation. He was sentenced on the other charges to 18 months supervised probation and community service totalling 180 hours, plus alcohol and intoxicants prohibitions. The court ordered fines and fees of $1,500.
The court dismissed two counts of delivery of meth to a minor, one count of delivery of meth, one count of unlawful manufacture of meth, and one count of endangering the welfare of a minor.
• In a separate judgment, Elliott was sentenced for driving under the influence of intoxicants, a charge from Feb. 24. The sentence includes a one year driver’s license suspension, five days in jail, with credit for time served, 18 months probation, substance abuse evaluation, and fined $1,000. The court dismissed one count of driving uninsured and one count of operating a vehicle without driving privileges.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of June 5-11:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 12
• Average inmates: 13
• Bookings: 7
• Releases: 8
• Arrests: 0
• Citations: 1
• Fingerprints: 9
• Civil papers: 23
• Warrants processed: 7
• Asst./welfare check: 2
• June 11: Cited Candace Cobb, Mt. Vernon, violation of basic rule, 61/35 zone.
John Day dispatch worked 144 calls during the week of June 8-14. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
June 8: Reports of theft, vicious dog.
June 9: Fume reports on Brent, 4th Streets; arrested Thomas Busby, 43, on county warrant.
June 10: Non-injury accident, Best Western; harassment report on Main Street.
June 11: report of harassment; grass fire reported at Crane Prairie.
June 12: Cited Alyssa Bruce, 26, Bend, 75/55 zone.
June 13: Arrested William J. Collier Jr., 22, Monument on county warrant; cited Alexis Munkers, 24, Bend, for speed on Highway 26.
June 14: Cited Shaun Holland, 18, Mountain Home, Idaho, for speed, Highway 26 at Indian Creek.
• Grant County Sheriff:
June 8: Warned two drivers about defective lighting.
June 9: Report of theft in Izee, Bear Valley.
June 10: Respond to grass fire threatening structures, with Mt. Vernon Fire Department and Oregon Department of Forestry.
June 11: Warned driver about defective lighting.
June 12: Livestock complaint, Wiley Creek; report of shots fired, Washington Street; warned driver on Main Street for speeding; cited Mark Witty, 51, using cell phone while driving.
June 12: Report of trespasser held at gunpoint, Lower Yard Road, respond with John Day, Oregon State Police.
June 13: Cited Russell Wayne Moore, Redmond, no insurance, no operator license and failure to maintain lane.
June 14: Respond to domestic assault with assist from Grant County Sheriff’s Office, arrested Darrel Allen Swogger, 48, John Day.
• John Day ambulance:
June 13: Respond to Grant County Fairgrounds.
June 14: Respond to Main Street, John Day, to aid woman, 52; respond to Dayton Street for woman, 83, possible stroke; respond to injury accident on Highway 26 at Pine Creek; respond to East 5th Street for woman who had fallen.
• Prairie City Ambulance
June 14: Respond to East 5th Street.
• Monument Fire:
June 8: Report of barn fire
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Failure to stop and remain stopped,: Salvador Najera-Rivera, 39, Des Moines, Wash., fined $220.
• Violation basic rule: James Dean Rathbone, 76, Bend, 69/55 zone, fined $160; Phyllis Elaine Langsev, 67, Culver, 74/55 zone, fined $100;
• Careless driving: James M. Knight, 75, Glenwood, Utah, fined $220.
• Failure to renew registration: Lukas Michael Borsten, 27, Portland, fined $110.
• Harrassment, misdemeanor violation: Krista Qual, Canyon City, fined $555.25.