Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Logan Rodney Girrard, 32, pleaded guilty to fourth-degree assault. He was sentenced to bench probation for 12 months, and ordered to make an acceptable written or verbal apology to the victim.
• Monty Guy Leonard Smith, 40, pleaded guilty to third-degree assault. He was sentenced to jail for 11 months and post-prison supervision for 36 months, and ordered to have no contact with the victims. The court dismissed counts for unlawful use of a weapon, menacing and fourth-degree assault.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of June 19-25:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 11
• Average inmates: 12
• Bookings: 6
• Releases: 9
• Fingerprints: 6
• Civil papers: 11
• Warrants processed: 3
• Asst./welfare check: 3
• Search and Rescue: 1
John Day dispatch worked 148 calls during the week of June 22-28. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
June 24: Cited a Montana man for speeding.
June 25: Arrested a man for assault in Prairie City.
June 26: Arrested a woman on a Grant County warrant.
• John Day ambulance:
June 22: Responded for a 55-year-old woman.
June 25: Responded for an 88-year-old woman.
June 26: Dispatched for a man with a possible stroke.
June 28: Responded for an elderly woman with difficulty breathing.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana: Brandon Lee Stout, 21, John Day, fined $650.
• Violation of the basic rule: Meghann Jesstine Vankomen, 21, Nampa, Idaho, 70/55 zone, fined $160; Timothy Joseph Held, 53, Turlock, Calif., 73/55 zone, fined $160; Alyssa Shae Bruce, 26, Bend, 75/55 zone, fined $160.
• Use of cellphone: Mark W. Witty, 50, John Day, fined $135.
• Open container of alcohol: Lucas Allan Burton, 30, John Day, fined $260.