Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Charles Dean Platt II, 25, pleaded guilty to fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer. He was sentenced to jail for 10 days, supervised probation for 18 months and 40 hours community service, and fined $200. His driver’s license was suspended for 90 days. He pleaded guilty to reckless driving, and was sentenced to jail for 10 days, supervised probation for 18 months and 40 hours community service. The sentence is to be consecutive to the previous one. He was fined $100. The court dismissed one count of fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, and diverted one count of driving under the influence of intoxicants.
• Jay Grant Williams, 24, pleaded guilty to criminal driving while suspended or revoked. He was sentenced to jail for 10 days, and fined $1,000.
• Robert Darin McGraw, 52, pleaded no contest to attempt to possess methamphetamine. He was sentenced to jail for 15 days, and fined $500. The court dismissed one count of unlawful possession of meth.
• Michaelle Lisa Clarke , 49, pleaded guilty to criminal driving while suspended or revoked. She was sentenced to bench probation for 12 months and 30 hours community service, and fined $1,000. She pleaded guilty to violation of ignition interlock device installation condition, and was fined $435. The court dismissed one count of violating the basic speed rule. She was convicted of a probation violation. The court revoked and reinstated 40 hours of community service and extended the sentence 12 months to July 22, 2016. She was fined $25.
• The following people pleaded guilty to DUII and were granted petitions for diversion: Thomas Lamar Routt, 39, John Day; Attoway Reeder Davis, 21, Prineville; Travis Michal Lake, 25, Willamina; and Gabriel Lee Magee, aka McKinney, 27, Redmond. Each was ordered to install and use an ignition interlock device in vehicles they operate, and fined $490 in diversion fees.
Oregon State Police
• May 30: At about 8:55 p.m., in Prairie City, arrested Kevin Steven Johnson, 46, Oregon City, for DUII, and cited him for speed violation and open container of alcohol.
• May 30: At about 11:30 p.m., in John Day, cited a young male adult for minor-in-possession of alcohol.
• May 31: At 1:39 p.m., in Mt. Vernon, arrested Kathy Lee Meyer, 43, Mt. Vernon, on a felony warrant out of Deschutes County for probation violation. She was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• May 31: At about 4:45 p.m., at Riverside Mobile Home Park in John Day, assisted John Day Police with the arrest of a man for second-degree domestic assault.
• June 5: At about 9:30 p.m., east of John Day, arrested Hannah Joseph, 21, Tigard, for DUII-controlled substance, and cited her for unlawful possess of less than an ounce of marijuana and violation of the basic rule.
• June 6: At 12:38 p.m., cited Kevin John Rapp, 29, Prairie City, in lieu of custody for driving while suspended-misdemeanor.
• June 6: At 8:30 p.m., near Magone Lake, arrested Adrian Leah Couey, 30, John Day, for DUII, and cited her for unlawful possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• June 12: At 5:30 p.m., east of Dayville, arrested Lynette Judith Doughton, 49, Redmond, for DUII, and cited her for careless driving.
• June 14: Responded to a single-vehicle crash on Highway 26 near Pine Creek Road. The driver and passenger, both from Canyon City, were treated at Blue Mountain Hospital for minor injuries.
• June 16: At about 12:35 p.m., on Highway 26 west of John Day, responded to a single-vehicle crash of an eastbound flatbed pickup pulling a flatbed trailer. The driver, Taylor Don Meliza, 18, Salem, was cited for careless driving.
• June 17: At about 9 a.m., responded to a single-vehicle rollover accident on State Route 402 west of Monument. The driver, Loreen Ruth Cooper of Monument, was taken by ambulance to the hospital.
• June 19: At 4:45 p.m., responded to a reported disturbance in Prairie City. Police arrested Thomas Vern Busby, 43, Prairie City, on a probation violation. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• June 20: At about 3:25 p.m., investigated a single vehicle crash on Highway 395 north of Mt. Vernon. Police cited Lisa Raye Moxley, 49, John Day, for failure to drive within lane.
• June 28: In Monument, arrested Andrew Franklin Wedding, 28, Irrigon, for DUII and driving while suspended-misdemeanor, and cited him for open container, driving uninsured and failure to maintain lane.
• July 8: Investigated a two-vehicle, non-injury crash west of John Day.
• July 9: At about 12:15 p.m., responded to a single-vehicle motorcycle crash on Highway 26 east of Dayville. The driver, James A Gustaveson of Redmond, was transported to Blue Mountain Hospital for injuries.
• July 11: Arrested Brad Lee Hartwick, 38, John Day, for DUII, and cited for several traffic violations. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• July 11: Responded to a single-vehicle motorcycle accident on Highway 26 near Clyde Holliday State Park.
• July 12: At about 12:45 a.m., in John Day, arrested Jesse Guyeon Reese, 34, Warm Springs, for DUII-alcohol and open container of alcohol.
• July 18: At 11:37 p.m., in John Day, cited Mountain C. Glimpse, 19, John Day, for minor-in-possession of alcohol.
• July 19: At about 6:30 p.m., investigated a motorcycle v. deer crash on Highway 395 north of Ritter. The driver, James Wade Neal, was taken to Blue Mountain Hospital for minor injuries.
• July 19: At about 8:45 p.m., investigated a single-vehicle crash on Highway 26 in Prairie City. The driver, James Christopher Lanning, 45, Redmond, was cited for DUII-alcohol/controlled substance and reckless driving. He was transported to St. Charles Medical Center in Bend for treatment of injuries.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of July 17-23:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 14
• Average inmates: 12
• Bookings: 9
• Releases: 9
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 3
• Fingerprints: 8
• Civil papers: 9
• Warrants processed: 2
• Asst./welfare check: 6
• Tomasz Lachi, 40, Vancouver, Wash., cited for violation of the basic rule, 80/55 zone.
• Jamie Steiutlardt, 23, California, cited for violation of the basic rule, 70/55 zone, and fail to carry and present license.
• Frances Mastroianni, 56, San Jose, Calif., cited for violation of the basic rule, 80/55 zone.
John Day dispatch worked 134 calls during the week of July 20-26. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
July 20: Responded to a reported theft in Riverside Mobile Home Park; arrested a John Day man on a restraining order violation; harassment report from Riverside Mobile Home Park.
July 21: Cited a Canyon City man for using a cellphone while driving.
July 23: Theft of service reported at Depot Park in Prairie City.
July 24: Fight reported at Riverside Mobile Home Park; cited a Maryland driver for speeding; cited three John Day drivers for not wearing seat belts.
July 25: Cited an Echo man for speeding.
July 26: Arrested a Sisters man for disorderly conduct; arrested a Prairie City man on a domestic incident.
• Grant County Sheriff:
July 20: Arrested a Monument man on a domestic incident.
July 21: Responded to a theft report in the 700 block of S.W. Brent Street in John Day.
July 22: Cited a Eugene man for speeding.
July 23: Report of shots fired in the East Riverside Street area in Mt. Vernon.
July 24: Cited a Bend woman for speeding.
July 25: Arrested a John Day man for first-degree burglary; cited a Prescott, Ariz., man for speeding and riding a motorcycle without motorcycle endorsement.
• John Day ambulance:
July 20: Responded for a 49-year-old man.
July 22: Responded for a 79-year old woman.
July 24: Responded for a 53-year-old woman with a breathing problem.
• Seneca ambulance:
July 20: Responded for a 29-year-old woman.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Ryan A. Swenson, 23, Salem, 82/55 zone, fined $260; Marilyn Kay Kastens, 58, Grand Junction, Colo., 75/55 zone, fined $160; John Everett Guthridge, 51, Prairie City, 73/55 zone, fined $160; Cassandra Jeanne Russell, 18, Milwaukie, 69/55 zone, fined $135.
• Exceeding the speed limit: Jill Rachelle Tirico, 29, Boise, Idaho, 44/30 zone, fined $160; Trevor Wade Faulkner, 33, Dayville, 48/30 zone, fined $160.
• Driving uninsured: Severiano Ramos Guerrero, 49, Glendale, fined $260.
• Fail to yield rightway: Ronda E. Menie, 55, Mt. Vernon, fined $220.
• Dog as a public nuisance: Susan Lee Jones Stovall, 60, John Day, fined $260.
• CSO Financial Inc. aka Credit Services of Oregon v. Patricia Jodi Keith. Money judgment awarded to CSO Financial Inc. for $411.29.
• Ray Klein Inc. v. Zane L. Rookstool and Heather Rookstool. Money judgment awarded to Ray Klein Inc. for $2,204.72.