Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Aug. 21-27:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 1
• Average inmates: 7
• Bookings: 6
• Releases: 7
• Fingerprints: 3
• Civil papers: 13
• Warrants processed: 3
• Asst./welfare check: 26
John Day dispatch worked 201 calls during the week of Aug. 24-30. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Aug. 24: Theft reported in the Charlois Heights area; criminal mischief reported at First Christian Church; theft reported on South Johnson Avenue in Prairie City.
Aug. 26: Arrested a John Day man on a Lakeview warrant; cited two Idaho men for minor in possession of alcohol and marijuana.
Aug. 27: Responded to a reported theft at Ace Hardware.
Aug. 28: Arrested a Prairie City woman on a Grant County warrant; hit-and-run reported at Suzie-Q’s Thrift Store.
Aug. 29: Responded to a reported burglary on Northwest Dayton Street in John Day; responded to a report of suspicious circumstances at the old junior high school.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Aug. 28: Cited a Redmond man for speeding; cited a Halfway man for speeding.
Aug. 29: Arrested a Canyon City man for criminal mischief; responded for a restraining violation order on South Humbolt Street.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the speed limit: Derek Grewatz, 53, Boise, Idaho, 45/25 zone, fined $160; Sharon L. Hansen, 63, Portland, 45/25 zone, fined $160; Michael G. Richard, 65, Ft. Collins, Colo., 46/25 zone, fined $260; Levi Robert McClellan, 19, John Day, 60/45 zone, fined $135.
• Failure to properly use safety belt: Tia Marie Dilley, 38, Mt. Vernon, fined $110; Fritz Michael Voigt, 33, Prairie City, fined $95; Ryan Gene Gunn, 22, John Day, fined $95.
• Driving uninsured: Tia Marie Dilley, 38, Mt. Vernon, fined $260; Whitney Jo Pattee, 26, Prairie City, two charges for $260 each.
• Driving while suspended-violation: Whitney Jo Pattee, 26, Prairie City, two charges of $435 each.
• Violation of the basic rule: Christopher Edward Bowman, 63, Upland, Calif., 72/55 zone, fined $80; Madeline LeClaire Fields, 28, Bend, 82/55 zone, fined $220; Matthew M. Broemeling, 18, John Day, 81/55 zone, fined $220; Rebecca Ann Dolf, 39, Bend, 75/55 zone, fined $135; Meril Lee Hilburn, 49, Prairie City, 73/55 zone, fined $135; Alexandrea Marie Holly, 24, Prairie City, 75/55 zone, fined $160; Steven Reynders Clark, 43, Weaverville, Calif., 73/55 zone, fined $160; Matthias Cayetano Stokes, 25, Ontario, 71/55 zone, fined $135.
• Unsafe passing to wit/insufficient vision and clearance: Sonia V. Kumar, 25, Greenwood Village, Colo., fined $200.
• Unsafe passing on the left: Jerry Wayne Collier, 74, Bend, fined $220.
• No operator’s license: Corey Shane Spurlock, 40, Redmond, fined $260.
• No 2015 angling license: Chad R. Howard, 35, Prineville, fined $110.
• Mountain C. Glimpse, John Day, was convicted of minor in possession of alcohol and fined $360. His driver’s license was suspended for one year.
• Ray Klein Inc. v. Vernon Stoddard Jr. Money judgment awarded to Ray Klein Inc. for $780.99.