Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Eldrid Jonathan Hamrick, 28, pleaded guilty to driving under the influence of intoxicants. He was sentenced to bench probation for 18 months and 80 hours community service, and fined $1,175. His driver’s license was suspended for one year. The court dismissed one count of violating the basic speed rule.
• Buford W. Breland, 56, pleaded guilty and was sentenced on several counts. On each of two counts of delivery of methamphetamine to a minor, he was sentenced to 36 months supervised probation, 80 hours community service and jail for 90 days. He was fined $2,700. On one count of manufacture of meth, supervised probation for 36 months, 80 hours community service and jail for 90 days. The sentence is consecutive. On two counts of delivery of meth, 72 months supervised probation, 60 hours community service and jail for 90 days. On each of three counts of possession of meth, he was sentenced to supervised probation for 36 months. His driver’s license was suspended for six months. The court dismissed one count of unlawful delivery of marijuana to a minor, four for unlawful delivery of meth to a minor, three for unlawful manufacture of meth and 15 for unlawful delivery of meth. One for criminal forfeiture is forfeiture allowed.
• The court allows a DUII diversion for Michael Ira Walker, John Day, for a diversion fee of $490.
John Day dispatch worked 119 calls during the week of Sept. 21-27. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Sept. 21: Report of theft from a rental in Prairie City; theft of bailing wire at Huffman’s Market.
Sept. 26: Arrested a John Day man and a woman for domestic assault.
Sept. 22: Cited a John Day man for menacing.
Sept. 26: Hit-and-run reported at the fairgrounds pavilion; arrested a John Day woman for DUII-alcohol.
Sept. 27: Arrested a Prairie City man for DUII.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Sept. 21: Hit-and-run reported in Monument.
• John Day ambulance:
Sept. 21: Dispatched for an elderly woman.
Sept. 26: Paged for a 25-year-old man with cardiac problems.
Sept. 27: 56-year-old woman with severe pain.
• Bureau of Land Management:
Sept. 26: Cited a Newberg man for vehicle in enclosed area.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Operate/park a motor vehicle in violation of restrictions: Robert Sutton Woods, 46, Molalla, fined $385.
• Driving while revoked: Whitney Jo Pattee, 26, Prairie City, fined $435.
• Driving uninsured: Whitney Jo Pattee, 26, Prairie City, fined $260; Rodney Cole Wilson, 20, John Day, fined $260; Travis A. Palmer, 25, Mt. Vernon, fined $260.
• No burning permit: David L. Torres, 37, Prairie City, fined $110.
• Failure to immediately validate big game tag: Weston L. Wettstein, 54, Ontario, fined $110.
• Failure to properly use safety belt: Joseph Walter Twitchell, 80, Mountain Home, Idaho, fined $95.
• Violation of the basic rule: Jamie Lee Steinhardt, 23, Monte Sereno, Calif., 70/55 zone, fined $160; Darren J. Kling, 46, Culver, 76/55 zone, fined $260; Morgan Alyssa Phipps, 24, Prineville, 79/55 zone, fined $220.
• No brake lights on trailer: Leslie Lee Zaitz, 60, John Day, fined $160.
• Use of cellphone while driving: Bobbee Lynne Hueckman, 27, Canyon City, fined $135.
• Driving while suspended-violation: Travis A. Palmer, 25, Mt. Vernon, fined $435; Whitney Jo Pattee, 26, Prairie City, fined $435.
• Whitney Jo Pattee, Prairie City, was convicted of failure to appear for a violation proceeding. She was sentenced to 24 months probation and 30 days in jail, to be suspended upon successful completion of probation.
• Minor in possession-alcohol/violation: Jordden Bree Cameron, Mt. Vernon, fined $260, driver’s license suspended for one year; Kelsi Demaris, Prineville, fined $260, driver’s license suspended for one year; Mitchell Allen Moulton, John Day, fined $260, driver’s license suspended for one year; Aaron Klefman, John Day, fined $260, driver’s license suspended for one year; Cejay Villa Partello, John Day, fined $260, driver’s license suspended for one year.
• Minor in possession-marijuana/violation: Aaron Klefman, John Day, fined $260; Cejay Villa Partello, John Day, fined $260.