Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Oct. 16-22:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 8
• Average inmates: 14
• Bookings: 7
• Releases: 10
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 1
• Fingerprints: 8
• Civil papers: 8
• Warrants processed: 7
• Asst./welfare check: 5
• Search and Rescue: 1
• Phillip James, 36, Bend, cited for violation of the basic rule, 75/35 zone.
John Day dispatch worked 152 calls during the week of Oct. 19-25. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Oct. 21: Hit-and-run reported in Prairie City.
Oct. 22: Reported physical altercation in Prairie City; arrested a John Day man for attempted assault, driving under the influence of intoxicants, menacing, theft, reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct, reckless driving and failure to perform the duties of a driver.
Oct. 23: Arrested a John Day man on a parole warrant; report of a noise disturbance and fight at Riverside Mobile Home Park.
Oct. 24: Report of a horse running loose in Prairie City; cited a Baker City man for speeding; cited a Bend woman for speeding; arrested a John Day man on a Grant County warrant.
Oct. 25: Responded to a request to locate two missing women from The Dalles.
• Dayville Fire Department:
Oct. 25: Responded for a reported flue fire.
• Monument Fire Department:
Oct. 21: Reported grass fire on State Route 402.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Oct. 22: Report of threats made at Dayville School.
Oct. 23: Arrested a Prairie City man for DUII; arrested a Mt. Vernon man on a Grant County warrant.
Oct. 25: Report of a cougar sighting in Mt. Vernon.
• John Day ambulance:
Oct. 24: Responded for a woman who passed out.
• Prairie City ambulance:
Oct. 24: Responded for an 85-year-old woman who fell and injured her shoulder.
• Mt. Vernon Rural Fire Department:
Oct. 25: Reported grass fire on Hanson Lane.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Robert Russell Howe, 53, Renton, Wash., 92/55 zone, fined $300; Jacob A. Jaynes, 28, Canby, 71/55 zone, fined $160; Justin Len Schlosser, 39, Prineville, 72/55 zone, fined $160; Walker Dean Erickson, 21, Caldwell, Idaho, 50/30 zone, fined $135; Dorothy Fae Miller, 69, Prairie City, 75/55 zone, fined $160.
• Hunting in a prohibited area: Daniel L. Zimmerman, 47, Eugene, fined $110.
• Exceeding speed limit: Karen Lynne Wagner, 56, Pendleton, 50/35 zone, fined $135; Bradon Scott Janes, 24, Halfway, fined $160; Todd Henry Hesse, 47, Vale, 68/55 zone, fined $135; Steven Bernard Sciborski Jr., 50, Portland, 49/30 zone, fined $135.
• Failure to drive within lane: Jason R. Dunten, 30, Hermiston, fined $260.
• Open container of alcohol: Mikael Laibrook Hesse, 30, Vale, fined $220.
• Exceeding maximum weight limit: Gary W. Berry, 60, Mt. Vernon, fined $150.
• Britt Wilcox of John Day was convicted of contempt of court, and sentenced to 10 days with credit for time served.