Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Robert Anthony Rosetti, 45, pleaded guilty to driving under the influence of intoxicants. He was sentenced to bench probation for 18 months and 200 hours of community service, and he was fined $2,000. His driver’s license was suspended for one year. The court dismissed one count of violation of ignition interlock device installation condition and one for violating the basic speed rule.
• Thomas Vern Busby, 43, pleaded guilty to menacing. He was sentenced to jail for 12 months, to be concurrent with all previously imposed sentences. The court dismissed one count of menacing and one for second-degree disorderly conduct.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Nov. 13-19:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 4
• Average inmates: 16
• Bookings: 10
• Releases: 10
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 1
• Fingerprints: 6
• Civil papers: 10
• Warrants processed: 5
• Asst./welfare check: 6
John Day dispatch worked 158 calls during the week of Nov. 16-22. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Nov. 17: A Hermiston man was arrested on a Grant County warrant.
Nov. 18: Report of shots fired in Prairie City; illegal fireworks reported in John Day.
Nov. 20: Cited a woman for second-degree theft; hit-and-run reported near Len’s Drug; cited a John Day man for speeding.
Nov. 21: Cited a John Day man for not using a seat belt and for driving while suspended.
Nov. 22: Cited a juvenile for third-degree criminal mischief.
• John Day Fire Department:
Nov. 18: Report of a flu fire on Northwest Canton.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Nov. 17: Arrested a John Day man on a Grant County warrant; responded to a report of a man who fell.
Nov. 18: Theft reported in Canyon City.
Nov. 19: Arrested a John Day woman for DUII.
Nov. 21: Cited a Los Angeles driver for failure to carry proof of insurance.
Nov. 22: Cited a Redmond man for speeding.
• Prairie City ambulance:
Nov. 18: Responded to a single vehicle accident on Highway 26 near the covered wagon.
• John Day ambulance:
Nov. 19: Responded for a 31-year-old woman; responded for a woman with a swollen leg.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Dog as a public nuisance: Stephen C. Cross, 54, Canyon City, fined $200, with restitution of $151.80, and $400 compensatory to the victim.
• Violation of the basic rule: Leon Burton Mayer, 75, McMinnville, 78/55 zone, fined $220; Gary L. Ahlers, 61, Boise, Idaho, 48/25 zone, fined $220; Donald Robert Strom, 66, Halfway, fined $220; Brandon L. Stout, 22, John Day, 40/25 zone, fined $160.
• Careless driving-accident: Marla Coleen Haupt, 61, Madras, fined $370; Homer Lee Graham Jr., 54, Forest Grove, fined $260.
• Failure to obey traffic control device: Dwight John Howard, 37, Prairie City, fined $220.
• Exceeding the speed limit: Olen Ancl Lee, 45, Bend, 59/45 zone, fined $135; Susan Elaine Stafford, 61, Bend, fined $160.
• Driving while suspended-violation: Brandon L. Stout, 22, John Day, fined $435.
• Charles Hunt Jr., Mt. Vernon was convicted of second-degree disorderly conduct. He was sentenced to 12 months probation and 20 hours of community service. He was ordered to have no contact with the victims, no intoxicants, and fined $200.