Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
John Day dispatch worked 125 calls during the week of Nov. 23-29. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Nov. 25: Arrested a John Day man for assault.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Nov. 24: Responded to a report of a person lost in the Smith Creek area; report of vehicle racing on Ingle Street; report of a rollover accident near the Grant-Harney county line.
Nov. 28: An Albany man was arrested in Linn County on Linn and Grant county warrants.
• U.S. Forest Service:
Nov. 28: Report of people trespassing and cutting gates in the 12-180 Forest Road area.
• John Day ambulance:
Nov. 23: Paged for an 83-year-old man in Prairie City.
Nov. 25: Responded for a 76-year-old man; responded to a vehicle accident east of Mt. Vernon.
Nov. 26: Responded for a 40-year-old man with possible asthma attack; responded for an unresponsive 24-year-old man.
• John Day Fire Department:
Nov. 26: Responded for a structure fire in Riverside Mobile Home Park.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Use of cellphone while driving: Robert James Bryant Jr., 18, Prairie City, fined $135.
• Driving while suspended-violation: Deanna Lynette Griffin, 44, Hines, fined $435.
• Failure to change name/address on license or permit: Deanna Lynette Griffin, 44, Hines, fined $110.
• Driving uninsured: Deanna Lynette Griffin, 44, Hines, fined $260.
• Exceeding maximum weight limit: Roger L. McKinley, 75, Prairie City, fined $75.
• Hunting in a prohibited area outside of unit boundaries: Wade F. Keith, 23, Prairie City, fined $110.
• Violation of the basic rule: Stephen Casey O’Connor, 53, Tigard, 79/55 zone, fined $260.