Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Hal Scott Gilliam, 49, pleaded guilty to driving under the influence of intoxicants. He was sentenced to jail for 48 hours and bench probation for 18 months, and fined $1,200. His driver’s license was suspended for one year. The court dismissed one count of refusal to take a test for intoxicants.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Dog as a public nuisance: Kristi B. Kennedy, 51, John Day, fined $260, with six-month diversion, to be dismissed if there are no other citations before June 6, 2016, plus $211 restitution to the victim.
• Violation of the basic rule: Alvan R. Williams, 65, Mossyrock, Washington, 75/55 zone, fined $160; Michael Broderick Helean, 66, North Pole, Alaska, 67/55 zone, fined $135; Eric Hank Moss, 48, Prineville, 71/55 zone, fined $160; Donald Brent Doverspike 32, Burns, 72/55 zone, fined $160.
• Operating a motor vehicle while using a cellphone: Michelle Thomasina Deming, 41, Mt. Vernon, fined $135.
• Causing unreasonable noise with a vehicle: Juvenile male from Mt. Vernon, fined $110.
• Careless driving: Juvenile male from Mt. Vernon, fined $220.
• Failure to drive within lane: Juvenile male from Mt. Vernon, fined $220.
• Jordan Isaac Carey, Madras, was convicted of giving false information to a peace officer. He was fined $1,000.
John Day dispatch worked 94 calls during the week of Dec. 21-27. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Dec. 21: Theft reported in Prairie City.
Dec. 22: Assault reported behind Chester’s Thriftway.
Dec. 23: Arrested a John Day man for disorderly conduct; cited a Pendleton man for harassment.
Dec. 24: Criminal mischief reported at the Dirty Shame restaurant; arrested a John Day man for possession of a controlled substance.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Dec. 22: Theft reported in the Pine Creek Road area.
Dec. 24: Assault reported on Izee-Paulina Road.
• John Day ambulance:
Dec. 21: Responded for a 55-year-old woman with difficulty breathing.
Dec. 23: Responded for an 84-year-old woman with chest pains and difficulty breathing.
Dec. 25: Responded for a 26-year-old man who was unconscious and having trouble breathing.
Dec. 26: Responded for a 69-year-old woman with extremely high blood pressure.
• Prairie City ambulance:
Dec. 26: Called to the Austin Junction ODOT shop.