Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• David Wesly Burke, 21, pleaded guilty to possession of methamphetamine. He was sentenced to jail for 10 days, supervised probation for 18 months and 80 hours community service. He was fined $200, plus $210 restitution to the Grant County Sheriff’s Office, and ordered to have no contact with the victim. His driver’s license was suspended for six months. He pleaded guilty to first-degree failure to appear, and was sentenced to jail for 20 days, supervised probation for 24 months and 80 hours community service. He was fined $200 and was ordered to have no contact with the victim. The sentence is to be consecutive to all previously imposed ones.
Oregon State Police
• Jan. 16: At about 6:45 p.m., on Highway 26 at Clyde Holliday State Park, cited Steven Michael Woehlert, 44, La Pine, for driving while suspended-misdemeanor, driving uninsured, failure to renew registration and violation of the posted speed limit.
• Jan. 18: At 9:36 a.m., responded to a single vehicle rollover accident on Highway 26, east of Laycock Creek Road. The driver, Debra Jean Reid, 62, Kimberly, was uninjured.
• Jan. 18: At about 11 a.m., responded to a single vehicle rollover crash on Highway 26, at the east John Day city limits. The 22-year-old driver, a resident of Prairie City, was not injured.
• Jan. 18: At 3:25 p.m., responded to a single vehicle crash into the Silvies River, on Highway 395, a few miles south of Seneca. Police cited the female driver from Walla Walla, Washington, with failing to drive within lane.
• Jan. 20: At 3:39 a.m., responded to a single vehicle crash on Highway 26 just west of John Day. The driver, Cindy Ann Hyder, 60, of Grants Pass, was uninjured.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Jan. 15-21:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 17
• Average inmates: 10
• Bookings: 7
• Releases: 9
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 3
• Fingerprints: 10
• Civil papers: 13
• Warrants processed: 4
• Asst./welfare check: 7
• Search and Rescue: 1
• Meril Hilburn, 49, Prairie City, was cited for violation of the basic rule, 75/55 zone.
• Leroy Titus, 40, Prairie City, was cited for improper display of stickers, driving uninsured and failure to carry a license.
• Matthew Trager, 30, Bend, was cited for violation of the basic rule, 75/55 zone.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Careless driving-accident: Elimelech T. Wohl, 30, Brooklyn, N.Y., fined $370.
• Failure to properly use a safety belt: Elimelech T. Wohl, 30, Brooklyn, N.Y., fined $95.
• Travis Farr, John Day, was convicted of third-degree theft. He was sentenced to 12 months probation, 30 hours community service, fined $450 and ordered to not enter Blue Mountain Mini-Mart.
• Caleb Joe Vielma, Mt. Vernon, was convicted of third-degree theft. He was sentenced to 12 months probation, 30 hours community service, fined $452.49 and ordered to not enter Blue Mountain Mini-Mart.
• Walter A. Sharp, John Day, was convicted of operating a vehicle in violation of the Travel Management Agreement. He was fined $435.
• Todd M. Winegar, Prairie City, was convicted of second-degree disorderly conduct. He was sentenced to 12 months probation, five days in jail, fined $350 and ordered to not enter the Grubsteak Restaurant and Bar.
John Day dispatch worked 133 calls during the week of Jan. 18-24. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Jan. 21: Hit-and-run reported in the 100 block of East Main Street.
Jan. 23: Theft reported on Overholt Street in Prairie City.
• Prairie City ambulance:
Jan. 23: Responded to Dixie Summit.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Jan. 18: Theft reported at Meadowbrook Apartments.
Jan. 19: Two reports of theft at Meadowbrook Apartments.
• John Day ambulance:
Jan. 18: Responded for an 86-year-old man; responded for an 86-year-old woman.
Jan. 22: Responded to the 700 block of Southwest Brent Street.
Jan. 23: Dispatched for a woman with abdominal pain.
Jan. 24: Responded to the 700 block of Southwest Brent Street; responded for a 72-year-old woman.
• John Day Fire Department:
Jan. 21: Grass fire reported in the West Bench area.