Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Mathew Walker, 32, pleaded guilty to second-degree disorderly conduct. He was sentenced to jail for five days, bench probation for 12 months and 25 hours of community service, and fined $450.
• Glen Daniel Starbuck pleaded guilty to driving under the influence of intoxicants. He was sentenced to jail for 48 hours and bench probation for 18 months, and fined $2,000. His driver’s license was suspended for one year.
Oregon State Police
• Jan. 27: At about 5 p.m., responded to a reported single vehicle rollover crash on Highway 26 at Blue Mountain Summit. The driver, Lori J. Mallonee-Taylor, 43, of Burns, was cited for driving while suspended, driving uninsured and failure to maintain lane.
• Jan. 28: Cited Tel Reece Abbe, 23, of Riley, for failure to maintain lane, following a crash involving his northbound vehicle and a southbound log truck. There were no injuries.
• Feb. 2: At about 4:21 p.m., on Highway 26 near Pine Creek Road, cited Tracy Allen Reed, 52, of Bend, for driving while suspended or revoked-misdemeanor.
• Feb. 20: Cited Amy McCool, 43, Santa Cruz, Calif., for no non-resident hunting license.
• Feb. 20: At 10:48 a.m., arrested Sarah L. Ake, 27 for DUII.
• Feb. 21: Cited Ernest Zuniga, Mt. Vernon, for driving while suspended or revoked-misdemeanor.
• Feb. 24: At about 4:30 a.m., responded to a single vehicle crash on Highway 26 between Dog Creek and Pine Creek roads.
• Feb. 24: At about 10:30 a.m., responded to a report that a man was stabbing a dog near the Grant County Fairgrounds, at Northeast 3rd and Northeast Elm streets in John Day. Police arrested Jason D. Ersland, 42, of Sequim, Wash., for first-degree animal abuse.
• Feb. 26: cited Evan Hodge, 38, of Mt. Vernon, to appear in Baker County Circuit Court for violating conditions of his DUII diversion.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Feb. 19-25:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 11
• Average inmates: 11
• Bookings: 6
• Releases: 9
• Arrests: 2
• Fingerprints: 8
• Civil papers: 23
• Warrants processed: 3
• Asst./welfare check: 5
• Search and Rescue: 1
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Careless driving-accident: Brett Olson, 43, Mt. Vernon, Nov. 30, fined $330; Andrew Ryan Copenhaver, 18, John Day, Jan. 31, fined $370.
• Driving while suspended-violation: Brett Olson, 43, Mt. Vernon, Nov. 30, fined $330.
• No operator’s license: Andrew Ryan Copenhaver, 18, John Day, Jan. 31, fined $220.
• Violation of the basic rule: Ryan Scott Thompson, 36, Gresham, 72/55 zone, Dec. 25, fined $135.
• Exceeding speed limit: Kevin David Dunham, 51, Hermiston, 81/55 zone, Feb. 12, fined $160.
• Henry Eugene Goslin, Prairie City, was convicted of second-degree criminal trespass. He was sentenced to 12 months probation and 20 hours community service. He was fined $300 and ordered to have no contact with or entry onto Ochoco Lumber property.
• Eric Daniel Towers, John Day, was convicted of harassment. He was sentenced to jail for five days, 12 months probation and 40 hours community service. He was fined $525 and ordered to have no contact with the victim. The five days of jail time will be suspended upon successful completion of the plea agreement terms — payment of all fines, fees and costs by April 18, and 40 hours community service by May 18.
• Joshua A. Moulton, Mt. Vernon, was convicted of second-degree disorderly conduct. He was sentenced to jail for five days, 12 months probation and 25 hours community service. He was fined $275 and ordered to not enter into the Dirty Shame except in the normal course of employment. Jail time will be suspended upon successful completion of community service hours by May 18 and if all fines, fees and costs are paid by April 18.
John Day dispatch worked 105 calls during the week of Feb. 22-28. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Feb. 22: Arrested a John Day man for disorderly conduct and assault.
Feb. 23: Harassment reported at Prairie City School; responded to a report of a fight at the Elkhorn Store in Canyon City.
Feb. 27: Responded for a 65-year-old man having a hard time getting oxygen.
Feb. 28: Hit-and-run reported at Chester’s Thriftway in John Day.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Feb. 24: Theft reported in Mt. Vernon; Search and Rescue called out for three people in the Top Road area near Monument.
Feb. 25: Responded to a call at Strawberry Village Apartments in Prairie City.
Feb. 26: Report of a hit-and-run at Dayton and Main streets in John Day.
Feb. 28: Report of shots fired on South Adams Road in Canyon City.
• John Day ambulance:
Feb. 22: Responded for an 82-year-old woman having a hard time breathing.
Feb. 24: Paged for a man with difficulty breathing.
Feb. 25: Responded for an 86-year-old man with joint pain.
Feb. 27: Responded for a 61-year-old man; responded for a man injured in a machine accident.
Feb. 28: Responded for a 92-year-old woman unable to walk.
• Prairie City ambulance:
Feb. 22: Responded for a 78-year-old woman.
Feb. 23: Responded for an 83-year-old woman.
• Seneca ambulance:
Feb. 25: Responded for an 88-year-old woman with a possible stroke.
• Prairie City Fire Department:
Feb. 25: Responded to a call on North River Road outside Prairie City.