Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of March 18-24:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 18
• Average inmates: 10
• Bookings: 4
• Releases: 4
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 4
• Fingerprints: 4
• Civil papers: 17
• Warrants processed: 2
• Asst./welfare check: 3
• Kathy Meyer, 44, Mt. Vernon, cited for violation of the basic rule, 50/30 zone.
• Philomena Dutcher, 32, Prairie City, cited for driving while suspended-violation and driving uninsured.
• Scott Willingham, 49, Leadville, Colo., arrested for disorderly conduct.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Steven Michael Woehlert, John Day, was convicted of driving while suspended-misdemeanor and driving uninsured. He was sentenced to jail for 120 hours, probation for 12 months and 25 hours of community service, and fined $1,385. If $1,000 of the fine is paid within 180 days and community service completed within 90 days, jail time will be suspended.
John Day dispatch worked 149 calls during the week of March 21-27. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
March 21: Accidental discharge of firearm with no injuries.
March 23: Theft reported on Northwest Third Street; cited a Canyon City woman for driving while suspended-violation and no insurance.
March 24: Theft reported at Len’s Drug in John Day.
March 26: Fight reported on 12th Street.
• Grant County Sheriff:
March 26: Theft of service reported at the Lodge at Granite.
• John Day ambulance:
March 22: Dispatched for a woman with chest pain.
March 23: Paged for a man with difficulty breathing.
March 24: Dispatched for a man having a seizure.