Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Christopher Witmore was convicted of contempt of court for failure to make court-ordered financial payments and failure to serve five-day jail sanction. He was sentenced to 20 hours additional community service and 120 hours in jail.
Oregon State Police
• March 19: Police cited Otis R. Waggoner, 64, St. Helens, for second-degree criminal trespass March 14 on Malheur Lumber Company property.
• March 15: At about 5 p.m., on Highway 26 between Mt. Vernon and Dayville, arrested Russell Wayne Moore, 52, Redmond, for refusing field sobriety tests. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• April 2: At about 9 a.m., received a report of a single vehicle crash on Highway 395 south of Long Creek. Police cited Lucinda Choicey Johns, 53, Long Creek, for careless driving.
• April 11: At 1:39 p.m., investigated a two-vehicle, non-injury crash on Highway 26 near Laycock Creek Road. Police cited Lisa Faye Miller, 53, Mt. Vernon, for unsafe passing.
• April 17: At about 8 p.m., responded to report of an intoxicated man on a bicycle on Highway 395 in John Day. Police arrested Jeffrey Doyle Porter, 50, Canyon City, for driving under the influence of intoxicants—alcohol and controlled substance. He was taken to Grant County Jail.
• April 19: At 7:24 p.m., responded to a two-vehicle accident on Highway 26 west of John Day.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of April 15-21:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 12
• Average inmates: 14
• Bookings: 9
• Releases: 13
• Arrests: 2
• Citations: 3
• Fingerprints: 2
• Civil papers: 3
• Warrants processed: 3
• Asst./welfare check: 2
• Eric Towers, 32, John Day, was cited on April 19 for maintaining a dog as a public nuisance.
• Christopher Woodell, 32, Long Creek, was cited on April 18 for failure to carry license and failure to drive in lane.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Dog as a public nuisance: Ghalum Mohammad Wahdat, 63, John Day, Feb. 22, fined $260, with 6-month diversion, to be dismissed if no further convictions before Oct. 13.
• Burning without a permit: Leroy Paul Titus, 36, Prairie City, April 8, fined $110.
• Violation of the basic rule: David Clark Hannibal, 53, John Day, 74/55 zone, April 1, fined $160; Teresa Marie Drury, 41, Burns, 80/55 zone, March 25, fined $260; Linda Keeney, 28, Burns, 75/55 zone, April 5, fined $135.
• Exceeding the speed limit: Cody Aaron Williams, 24, Bates, 50/35 zone, March 13, fined $135; Ian A. Norton, 66, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, 60/40 zone, April 3, fined $160.
• Careless driving-accident: Lucinda Choicey Johns, 54, Long Creek, April 11, fined $370.
• Charles E. Williams v. Austin Salvey. Money judgment awarded to Charles E. Williams for $490.
John Day dispatch worked 204 calls during the week of April 18-24. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
April 21: Hit-and-run reported near the People Mover in John Day.
April 22: Cited a Prairie City woman for no operator’s license.
April 23: Theft reported at Les Schwab Tires in john Day; cited a Prairie City woman for maintaining a dog as a nuisance; arrested a John Day man for disorderly conduct at Meadowbrook apartments.
• Grant County Sheriff:
April 18: Cougar sighting reported in Mt. Vernon.
April 20: Theft reported in Mt. Vernon.
April 23: Cited a Canby woman for allowing a dog as a nuisance at Clyde Holliday State Park; report of shots fired on Indian Creek Road.
• John Day ambulance:
April 18: Responded for a 90-year-old man.
April 19: Dispatched for a woman with a medication problem; paged for a woman with difficulty breathing.
April 20: Responded for a 67-year-old man.
April 23: Responded for a 62-year-old woman who injured her foot.
April 24: Responded for an 87-year-old woman; responded for an 85-year-old woman.
• Long Creek ambulance:
April 21: Responded for a 65-year-old woman with a broken leg.
April 23: Dispatched for a man bucked off a horse.
• Mt. Vernon ambulance:
April 24: Responded for an 82-year-old woman.
• Mt. Vernon Fire Department:
April 22: Report of a structure fire on Harper Creek Road in Mt. Vernon.
• John Day Rural Fire Department:
April 23: Reported brush fire on Patterson Bridge Road.