Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of May 20-26:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 6
• Average inmates: 13
• Bookings: 9
• Releases: 10
• Arrests: 2
• Citations: 1
• Fingerprints: 7
• Civil papers: 16
• Warrants processed: 4
• Asst./welfare check: 3
• Cited James Phillip, 18, John Day for driving without a license on May 20.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Exceeding the speed limit: Gordon Arnold Moore Jr., 32, Crabtree, 75/65 zone, May 13, fined $160; Francis Joseph Stutz, 74, Running Springs, Calif., 49/30 zone, May 16, fined $160; Steven Brian Speth, 43, Canyon City, 79/65 zone, May 16, fined $260.
• No operator’s license: Juventino Tehuintle Chipahua, 57, Albany, May 13, fined $260.
• Violation of school attendance: Danny Kidd Sr., 45, Mt. Vernon, April 12, fined $160.
• Dog as a public nuisance: Eric D. Towers, 32, John Day, March 23, six-month diversion and fined $260, to be dismissed if no further convictions prior to Oct. 19, 2016, plus $404.75 restitution to the victim.
• Driving uninsured: Megan Helene Long, 23, John Day, May 8, fined $260.
John Day dispatch worked 171 calls during the week of May 23-30. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
May 23: Theft reported at Prime Time Video.
May 24: Arrested a John Day man for probation violation.
May 27: Arrested a John Day man on a Grant County warrant; arrested a John Day man for hindering prosecution.
May 29: Theft reported on South Canyon Boulevard; theft reported on North Johnson Street in Prairie City.
• Grant County Sheriff:
May 23: Theft reported in Ritter.
May 26: Assault reported in Mt. Vernon.
May 27: Theft reported on North Mountain Boulevard in Mt. Vernon.
May 30: Trespassing reported on Indian Creek Road; report of mules found in Ritter.
• John Day ambulance:
May 23: Responded for a 61-year-old woman.
May 24: Responded for a 94-year-old woman who fell.
May 25: Responded for a 69-year-old man.
May 29: Responded for a 64-year-old man.
May 30: Responded for a 64-year-old woman.
• Long Creek ambulance:
May 25: Advised of a 77-year-old woman who fell.
• U.S. Forest Service:
May 29: Vandalism reported on Forest Service Road 1518.