Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Jeanne Marie Moles, 30, pleaded guilty June 22 to unauthorized use of a vehicle on or about March 5. She was sentenced to 10 days in jail with credit for time served, 18 months probation and 40 hours of community service. She was fined $200, plus $480 restitution. She pleaded guilty to second-degree theft and was fined $100. The court dismissed a count of unlawful entry into a motor vehicle.
• Christopher Carris Boyer, 27, pleaded guilty June 23 to second-degree disorderly conduct on or about Feb. 22. He was sentenced to 12 months bench probation, 40 hours community service and four days in jail with credit for time served. He was fined $300. The court dismissed a count of fourth-degree assault.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of June 23: concealed handgun licenses, 9; average inmates, 16; bookings, 3; releases, 11; fingerprints, 4; civil papers. 7; warrants processed, 1; asst./welfare check, 2.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Clayton Todd Stevens, 51, Newcastle, Washington, 85/55 zone, June 16, fined $220; Britain Wayne Brady, 35, Portland, 74/55, June 16, fined $160; Lance J. Carter, 61, Redmond, Washington, 83/55, June 16, fined $220.
• Open container of alcohol: Melvin W. Teal, 37, Lebanon, June 2, fined $260.
John Day dispatch worked 156 calls during the week of June 20-26. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
June 20: Responded to a dispute at the Elkhorn in John Day.
June 21: Responded for intoxicated subjects at a John Day business.
June 23: Responded for suspected elder abuse at a nursing home.
June 25: Cited a 67-year-old male for a restraining order violation in John Day; cited a 48-year-old person for driving while suspended, no seat belt and no insurance; report of a possible domestic in Canyon City; arrested a 61-year-old female for DUII.
June 26: Responded to possible shots fired at Elkhorn Motel; house check for possible break in at the 700 block of East Main.
• Grant County Sheriff:
June 20: Responded for a report of vandalism to the school ball field in Monument.
June 22: Responded to a report of theft at a Canyon City business.
June 22: Responded to a report of a woman pointing a fire arm at state workers; OSP also responded to the call.
June 23: GCSO and OSP arrested a female at Carter Lane in Long Creek on a follow-up.
June 25: Responded for an unattended death on Grant Street.
June 26: Responded to a report of suspicious subjects going through equipment at Prairie Wood in Prairie City.
• Oregon State Police:
June 20: Advised of a noninjury accident at Highway 395, mile post 26.
• John Day ambulance:
June 20: Responded for an elderly man complaining of dizziness, a person who fell and a 74-year-old male with high fever, among other calls.
• Prairie City ambulance:
June 22: Responded for an 80-year-old man who fell; responded for a fall.
June 25: Responded for an 88-year-old person who fell.
• Long Creek Fire Department, Oregon Department of Forestry:
June 22: Responded to a grass fire on County Road 16.