Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Caleb Joe Vielma was convicted of failure to appear in the first degree, endangering a person protected by a FAPA order and menacing constituting domestic violence. He was sentenced to 50 days jail, 8 years probation, 100 hours community service, fined $1,400 and ordered to pay $1,000 to the victim.
• Bryan K. Holestine’s diversion for driving under the influence of intoxicants was revoked. His driver license was revoked for life. He was sentenced to 45 days in jail and two years probation and fined $1,255 with $300 suspended.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Oct. 13: concealed handgun licenses, 7; average inmates, 16; bookings, 8; releases, 8; citations, 1; fingerprints, 5; civil papers, 12; warrants processed, 6; asst./welfare check, 1.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Driving with a suspended license: Talia Christine Maloy, 40, Prairie City, Aug. 25, fined $435; James Edward Jewel, 34, Creswell, Aug. 9, fined $435; Camden Jay Rhinehart, 19, John Day, Sept. 16, fined $370.
• Driving uninsured: Talia Christine Maloy, 40, Prairie City, Aug. 25, fined $260.
• Exceeding the speed limit: Jacob WIlliam Obrist, 32, La Pine, 42/25 zone, Sept. 29, fined $160; Gerald Paul Hampton, 54, Haines, 75/65 zone, Sept. 20, fined $135; Kate Lorraine Hartnell, 30, Shedd, 50/35 zone, fined $160.
• Violation of the basic speed rule: Lucido Salvatore, 62, Carmel Valley, California, 72/55 zone, Sept. 30, fined $135; Ronald A. Forsyth, 60, Seneca, 70/55 zone, Sept. 28, fined $135; Thomas Lee Watson, 48, Estacada, 74/55 zone, Sept. 30, fined $160; Willard B. Wolf, 65, Ashland, 72/55 zone, Oct. 4, fined $160; Tami Sasser, 34, Kimberly, 69/55 zone, Sept. 29, fined $160.
• Semi-trailer exceeding 53 feet in length: Rafael Obregon Barajas, 45, Panorama City, California, Sept. 21, fined $110; James M. McCracken, 57, Boise, Sept. 21, fined $110.
• Operating with a leaking or sifting load: Ivan Keith Mulder, 69, John Day, Sept. 27, fined $220.
• Use of cellphone while driving: Kimberly Diane Neault, 32, Prairie City, Sept. 25, fined $135.
John Day dispatch worked 167 calls during the week of Oct. 10-16. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police
Oct. 10: Received a report of a restraining order violation. Responded to a dog complaint in Prairie City.
Oct. 12: Arrested a 30-year-old woman on a parole and probation violation detainer warrant.
Oct. 13: Responded to a report of harassment and arrested a 26-year-old for probation violation.
Oct. 14: Responded to a report of a break in. Conducted a traffic stop and cited a 27-year-old John Day resident for driving with a suspended license and driving uninsured. Performed a traffic stop and arrested a 37-year-old Mt. Vernon man for DUI.
• Grant County Sheriff
Oct. 10: Dispatched to a report of a dog complaint.
Oct. 11: Took a report of possible animal abuse.
Oct. 14: Received a report of gas being siphoned. Received a report of vandalism of phone company equipment.
Oct. 16: Received a report of someone placing a dead deer on the county courthouse steps.
• John Day ambulance
Oct. 11: Responded for an 85-year-old female who was choking.
• Oregon State Police
Oct. 11: Arrested a 44-year-old on a Crook County warrant.