Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Oregon State Police
• Arrested Travis James Freniere for a probation violation after responding to a one-vehicle, non-injury crash near milepost 9 on Highway 395. Freniere was driving with a suspended license, arrested and placed in the Grant County Jail.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Nov. 10-16:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 4
• Average inmates: 12
• Bookings: 6
• Releases: 8
• Fingerprints: 6
• Civil papers: 5
• Warrants processed: 1
• Asst./welfare check: 2
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Roger D. Brown, 58, San Diego, California, 75/55 zone, Nov. 4, fined $160; Quinton Brock Nyman, 21, Crane, 80/55 zone, Oct. 6, fined $260; Richard Norman Boren, 60, Dayville, 75/55 zone, Nov. 12, fined $135; Clayton Dwight Osborne, 34, Hermiston, 75/55 zone, Oct. 24, fined $160; Kristie Leeanna Brand, 33, Baker City, 73/55 zone, Oct. 24, fined $135; Travis Benjamin Farr, 24, Mt. Vernon, 68/ 55 zone, Sept, 29, fined $160; Edward Owen Griffin, 87, Canyon City, 52/35 zone, Sept. 11, fined $160; Stacey Lee Bork, 27, Baker City, 75/ 55 zone, Oct. 31, fined $135.
• Exceeding the speed limit: Bryce Scott Delay, 25, Nampa, Idaho, 73/55 zone, Oct. 28, fined $135; Adrienne J. Patterson, 34, Hereford, 48/30 zone, Oct. 28, fined $135; Strawdog, 82, Burns, 43/30 zone, Oct. 21, fined $160.
• Driving Uninsured: Sonny Aaron Dryden, 38, Mt. Vernon, 68/55 zone, Nov. 1, fined $260; Sonny Aaron Dryden, 38, Mt. Vernon, Oct. 24, fined $260; Travis Benjamin Farr, 24, Mt. Vernon, Sept, 29. Fined $200.
• Failure to register vehicle: Sonny Aaron Dryden, 38, Mt. Vernon, Nov. 1, fined $110; Sonny Aaron Dryden, 38, Mt. Vernon, Oct. 24, fined $110.
• Second-degree disorderly conduct: Stevie Porter, Prairie City, fined $435.
• Second-degree criminal trespass: Colby Monroe Farrell, John Day, sentenced to 12 months probation, no contact with victim or entry in victim’s residence and fined $600.
John Day dispatch worked 123 calls during the week of Nov. 14-20. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police
Nov. 14: Advised of a missing person that may be in the area.
Nov. 16: Arrested a 30-year-old John Day resident for fourth-degree-assault, strangulation and violation of conditional release after responding to a caller wanting assistance removing a male from her residence.
Nov. 18: Received report of a dog killing chickens. Arrested a 20-year-old South Carolina resident on a Grant County warrant. Took a report of an assault. Performed a traffic stop and cited a 34-year-old Burns resident for driving while suspended and driving uninsured and arrested a 32-year-old Burns resident for probation violation. Received a report of two subjects trespassing.
Nov. 20: Arrested a 39-year-old John Day resident for felon in possession of a weapon. Responded to a report of a break-in.
• Grant County Sheriff
Nov. 19: Responded to a report of a break-in.
• John Day ambulance
Nov. 15: Responded to an 80-year-old woman with weakness and slurred speech.