The Eagle/Rylan Boggs
A forest project on nearly 50,000 acres of land near Seneca is entering its first phase of receiving comments.
Members of the Forest Service presented the Flat Vegetation Management project to the Grant County Court Wednesday, Dec. 14. The project includes landscape restoration activities, biomass removal, landscape scale prescribed burning and forest road activities. People may view the project at the Emigrant Creek Ranger District or online at http://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=47364. An interactive map is available at http://arcg.is/2hh9Xu4. The comment period expires Jan. 6.
During the meeting, the court recognized Lorene Allen Day, in recognition of the first female Grant County Court judge with a long list of accomplishments.
The court also:
• approved a request from Mindy Winegar to keep the fairgrounds groundskeeper position on at 32 hours a week in preparation for the eclipse.
• approved a request to extend planning fee waivers for properties affected by the Canyon Creek Complex fire.
• reviewed and approved an airport hangar lease agreement.
• reviewed and approved an Oregon Department of Transportation microwave property lease agreement.
• reviewed and approved an intergovernmental agreement between the United States Marshal Service and the Grant County Jail to notify the Marshal Service if a federal prisoner housed in the county jail is placed in solitary confinement or disciplined.
• approved a request for a cell phone for the assistant watermaster.
• approved a lot line adjustment brought forward by county surveyor Mike Springer for property in Seneca.