Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Devan James Haynes, 23, John Day was convicted of two counts of operating a vehicle without driving privileges and fined $520.
• Krystin E. Harris, 31, was convicted of second-degree theft and was sentenced to eight days in jail.
• Regina Scott, 40, was convicted of possession of methamphetamine and sentenced to three years probation, fined $100 and had her driver’s license suspended for six months.
Oregon State Police
• Robert Michael Sahlberg, 42, was convicted of negotiating a bad check and was sentenced to 12 months bench probation, 10 days in jail, 40 hours community service, fined $200 and required to pay $2,192.18 in restitution to the victims.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Dec. 22:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 5
• Average inmates: 9
• Bookings: 3
• Releases: 8
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 1
• Civil papers: 12
• Warrants processed: 4
• Asst./welfare check: 3
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Exceeding the speed limit: Brandi Kae Henderson, 31, John Day, 77/65 zone, Nov. 18, fined $160.
• Failure to install interlock ignition device: Brian Sheldon Hubbard, 43, John Day, Aug. 17, fined $435.
• No resident angling license: Robert Lee Warrington, 56, John Day, Nov. 19, fined $95.
• Violation of the basic rule: Julie Marie Weikel, 70, Princeton, 45/35 zone, Dec. 2, fined $110.
John Day dispatch worked 81 calls during the week of Dec. 19 - 23. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police
Dec. 19: Received a report of criminal mischief on the 700 block of Bridge Street.
Dec. 21: Arrested a 44-year-old John Day man for felon in possession of a weapon. Arrested a 44-year-old John Day woman on a Union County warrant. Responded to a break-in on Main Street.
• Grant County Sheriff
Dec. 19: Responded to an accident near milepost 151 on Highway 26.
Dec. 22: Responded to a bad check case at a local business.
• John Day Ambulance
Dec. 19: Responded with Grant County Sheriff’s Office deputies to a single-vehicle accident on Laycock Creek Road.
Dec. 20: Responded for a 69-year-old male who had stopped breathing.
Dec. 22: Responded to a male subject experiencing a possible heart attack.