Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Jamie Alan Zimmerlee was found convicted of felon in possession of a firearm and sentenced to 18 months probation and five days in jail, and fined $350.
• Nicky Joe Ballou was convicted of felon in possession of a restricted weapon and sentenced to 18 months probation and 30 days in jail, and fined $200.
• David Edwin Hall was convicted of driving uninsured and fined $260.
• Jeremiah Obadaai Gwalthney was convicted of driving uninsured and driving under the influence of intoxicants and sentenced to one year driver’s license suspension, 18 months probation and 48 hours in jail, and fined $1,515.
• Attoway Davis was convicted of driving under the influence of intoxicants and sentenced to one year suspended driver’s license and 18 months probation, and fined $1,255.
• Ernest Andrew Chavira was convicted of refusal to test for intoxicants and fined $500.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Feb. 2-8:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 2
• Average inmates: 3
• Bookings: 12
• Releases: 5
• Citations: 1
• Fingerprints: 3
• Civil papers: 8
• Warrants processed: 4
• Asst./welfare check: 3
• Karen Broemeling, 60, cited for dog as a nuisance.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Exceeding speed limit: Stevie Lynn Porter, 33, Prairie City, 74/65 zone, Jan. 25, fined $160.
• Careless driving accident: Tyler Duane Dehiya, 23, Terrebonne, Jan. 3, fined $370.
• Driving uninsured: Tyler Duane Dehiya, 23, Terrebonne, Jan. 3, fined $260.
• Driving while suspended: Robin Renae Elliott, 54, Mt. Vernon, Jan. 17, fined $370.
• Semi trailer exceeding 53 feet: Kevin Ray Bailey, Stanfield, Jan. 25, fined $95.
• Violation of the basic rule: Colby Trent Bradford, 26, Unity, 74/55 zone, Jan. 24, fined $135.
• No operator’s license: Jim Edward Koitzsch, 58, John Day, Jan. 19, fined $260.
• Take possession of a buck deer: Richard E. Valade, Dayville, 12 months probation, 20 hours community service, hunting privileges suspended for three years and fined $1,125.
John Day dispatch worked 138 calls during the week of Feb. 6-12. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police Department
Feb. 8: Received a report from a caller that her phone had been stolen at Chester’s Thriftway.
Feb. 9: Dispatched to a report of kids playing in the creek. Arrested a 26-year-old on a probation violation.
Feb. 10: Arrested a 28-year-old John Day resident on a Grant County warrant.
Feb. 12: Seized marijuana and narcotics at Grant Union High School.
• Grant County Sheriff’s Office
Feb. 6: Responded with Oregon State Police to a strong chemical smell on Ingle Street in Mt. Vernon.
Feb. 8: Responded to a report of a restraining order violation. Received a report of a possible burglary at a Canyon City residence.
Feb. 9: Advised along with OSP, emergency manager and Oregon Department of Transportation of water on Highway 395 at milepost 5. Emergency manager dispatched to a report of a house flooding; the county road department assisted with sandbags.
• John Day ambulance
Feb. 8: Responded to an 80-year-old with extreme pain.