Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Exceeding the speed limit: Maria J. Snodgress, 44, Bend, 75/65 zone, Feb. 7, fined $160.
• Violation of the basic rule: Todd Michael Hueckman, 48, Hines, 75/65 zone, Jan. 29, fined $110.
• Driving while suspended: Bernadette Racine Gardipee, 24, Vista, California, Dec. 6, fined $435; Kevin John Rapp, 31, John Day, Nov. 6, fined $435; Tamar Selah Drake, Hermiston, 12 months probation, 30 hours community service and fined $2,220 with $200 suspended pending completion of probation.
• Failure to use headlights: Tomica L. Long, 20, John Day, Dec. 23, fined $260.
• Pass in no passing zone: Rodolfo Estrada Hernandez, 68, Vancouver, Washington, Jan. 19, fined $260.
• Driving uninsured: Bernadette Racine Gardipee, 24, Vista, California, Dec. 6, fined $260; Kevin John Rapp, 31, John Day, Nov. 6, fined $260; Tomica L. Long, 20, John Day, Dec. 23, fined $260.
• Cam Credits Inc. Vs. Deanna D. Fox, money judgment awarded to Cam Credits Inc. for $988.65.
• Jesse Judd, One Guy and a Wrench vs. Vicky Gorely and Larry Banks, money judgment awarded to One Guy and a Wrench for $1,586.
Grant County Sheriff
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Feb. 9-15:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 11
• Average inmates: 15
• Bookings: 12
• Releases: 7
• Fingerprints: 6
• Civil papers: 20
• Warrants processed: 12
• Asst./welfare check: 1
John Day dispatch worked 129 calls during the week of Feb. 13-19. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police Department
Feb. 13: Dispatched for a suspicious subject with an ax near America’s Best Value Inn. Took a report of a mail theft in John Day.
Feb. 14: Arrested a 54-year-old Mt. Vernon resident for a probation violation.
Feb. 16: Arrested a 23-year-old Prairie City resident on a Grant County warrant.
• Grant County Sheriff’s Office
Feb. 15: A 19-year-old Canyon City resident was arrested in Umatilla County on a Grant County warrant.
Feb. 19: Advised of a dog roaming around Canyon City that had bitten someone.
• John Day ambulance
Feb. 15: Dispatched for a man with a possible spider bite.
Feb. 17: Responded with GCSO and Dayville Fire Department to a report of a man not breathing.
Feb. 13: Advised of a counterfeit $20 bill used at Kings Variety Store.
• Oregon State Police
Feb. 14: Received a report of a vehicle shining a laser pointer into other vehicles and road signs near Clyde Holiday State Park.
• Oregon Department of Transportation
Feb. 16: Advised of a landslide blocking the southbound lane on Highway 395 C.