Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Circuit Court
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Christoper William Cowan, 31, was convicted of failure to report as a sex offender and issued a suspended sentence of 12 months probation and five days in jail, and fined $300.
• Jared Jarell Baker violated probation and was issued 12 additional months of probation.
Oregon State Police
• Feb. 21: At about 4:05 p.m., Oregon State Police officers investigated a non-injury collision between a school bus and another vehicle near the intersection of Highway 26 and La Costa Road. The driver of the school bus was cited for making an improper left turn, and both vehicles were driven away from the scene with minor cosmetic damage.
• Feb. 22: OSP investigated a report of items stolen from a vehicle in Prairie City.
Grant County Sheriff
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Feb. 16-22:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 11
• Average inmates: 11
• Bookings: 7
• Releases: 10
• Fingerprints: 7
• Civil papers: 10
• Warrants processed: 1
• Asst./welfare check: 2
CANYON CITY — The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Exceeding speed limit: William Scott Blanton, 30, Twin Falls, Idaho, 73/65 zone, Feb. 9, fined $135.
• Driving while suspended: Travis Alexander Palmer, 26, Mt. Vernon, Jan. 11, fined $435.
• Ray Klein Inc. vs. Jan E. Dickens. Money judgment awarded to Ray Klein Inc. for $547.99.
• Ray Klein Inc. vs. Josie C. Prophet. Money judgment awarded to Ray Klein Inc. for $678.81.
• Violation of the basic rule: Raymond A. Martin-Souza, 73, Sumpter, Feb. 10, fined $160.
John Day dispatch worked 122 calls during the week of Feb. 20-26. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police Department
Feb. 20: Investigated a report of criminal mischief in John Day.
Feb. 21: Advised of a dog killing chickens. Arrested a 24-year-old John Day resident for possession of a controlled substance.
Feb. 23: Arrested a 49-year-old on a Deschutes County warrant by John Day Police.
Feb. 24: Arrested a 27-year-old Prairie City resident on a Grant County warrant. Responded to a report of threatening harassment in John Day. Cited a 19-year-old John Day resident for minor in possession of alcohol.
Feb. 25: Arrested a 25-year-old Mt. Vernon man for driving while suspended.
Feb. 26: Cited a 24-year-old Bend resident for violation of the basic rule, 101 mph in a 65 zone.
• Grant County Sheriff’s Office
Feb. 20: Received a report of a restraining order violation at the Blue Mountain Mini Mart.
Feb. 21: Newport Police arrested a 27-year-old Willamina resident on a Grant County warrant.
Feb. 25: Advised of a livestock theft near Ritter.
• Oregon State Police
Feb. 21: Responded to an accident involving a school bus on La Costa Road. Responded to a report of a vehicle that slid off Canyon Creek Lane and arrested a 70-year-old Canyon City resident for driving under the influence of intoxicants.