Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Oregon State Police
• March 6: Arrested Jay Grant Williams, 26, Long Creek, for felony driving while suspended.
• March 7: Located and killed a cougar in Prairie City after repeated sightings in the city. Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife took possession of the animal.
Grant County Sheriff’s Office
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of March 2-8:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 6
• Average inmates: 8
• Bookings: 7
• Releases: 12
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 1
• Fingerprints: 7
• Civil papers: 7
• Warrants processed: 5
• Asst./welfare check: 2
Mitchel Long, 46, John Day, was cited for exceeding the posted speed limit, 82/65 zone, March 9.
The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violation of the basic rule: Annie Reese Mayers, 22, Bend, Feb. 5, 91/55 zone, fined $435; Brair Christian Davis, 24, Bend, 101/65 zone, Feb. 26, fined $1,150; Brittany R. Desadier, 30, Monument, 75/55, Feb. 10, fined $135; Autumn Nicole Larkins, 39, Hines, 75/55 zone, Feb. 10, fined $160.
• Exceeding speed limit: Jaiden Rose Kerr, 19, Mt. Vernon, 38/30 zone, Feb. 16, fined $110; Shane Michael Koppel, 29, Seneca, 75/65 zone, Feb. 14, fined $160; Jordin Renee Cowdrey, 21, Monument, 45/30 zone, Feb. 24, fined $135.
• Hunting on enclosed lands: Elise Deloris, Clackamas, fined $635.
• Third degree theft: Cherith R. Sheedy, John Day, fined $435.
• Semi-trailer exceeding 53 feet in length: Frank B. Jackson, 56, Phoenix, Arizona, Feb. 8, fined $110; Brian M. Annunziata, 22, North Smithfield, Rhode Island, Dec. 20, fined $110.
• No operators license: William J. Collier, 24, Pilot Rock, Jan. 27, fined $260.
• Driving Uninsured: James Warren Phillips, 19, John Day, Feb. 10, fined $130; Kevin John Rapp, 31, Prairie City, Jan. 4, fined $260; Jim E. Roba, 42, John Day, Feb. 16, fined $220.
• Violation of Mt. Vernon noise ordinance: Tamara Michael, 46, Mt. Vernon, Aug. 2, fined $100.
• Driving while suspended: Jim E. Roba, 42, John Day, Feb. 16, fined $330; Kevin John Rapp, 31, Prairie City, Jan. 4, fined $435.
• Improper left turn: Carla Carol Carpenter, 53, John Day, Feb. 21, $220.
• Truck exceeding speed limit: Michael Anthony Berhe, 22, Killeen, Texas, Dec. 29, fined $160.
• Operating vehicle while using mobile communication device: Tia M. Riach, 46, John Day, Feb. 22, fined $160; Dustin Matthew Berry, 31, John Day, Feb. 16, fined $135.
• Failure to drive within lane: Nicholas Allen Isiah, 30, John Day, Dec. 16, fined $260.
John Day dispatch worked 170 calls during the week of March 6-12. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police Department
March 7: Advised of a cougar in Prairie City. Responded to a theft in Prairie City. Received a report of a possible burglary at the fairgrounds.
March 8: Arrested a 29-year-old on a Cottage Grove warrant.
March 9: Arrested a 23-year-old John Day resident on a Grant County warrant.
March 10: Arrested a 26-year-old Prairie City resident on a Grant County warrant. Responded to a report of a young girl screaming in John Day. Arrested a 40-year-old Mt. Vernon resident in Mt. Vernon for domestic assault and strangulation. Responded with OSP and GCSO to a report of a break-in in Prairie City.
March 11: Arrested a 22-year-old John Day resident at the Meadowbrook Apartments for reckless endangerment and criminal mischief.
• Grant County Sheriff’s Office
March 9: Received a report of a female acting suspiciously at the Mt. Vernon Post Office.
March 10: Advised of a low-flying aircraft.
• John Day ambulance
March 10: Responded for a 17-year-old boy who was unresponsive following a seizure.
March 12: Responded to a report of a fall that caused bleeding.
• Oregon State Police
March 12: Responded with JDPD, GCSO and the John Day ambulance to a single-vehicle rollover accident near mile marker 176 on Highway 26.