Between six and seven county partners will be traveling to the Child Abuse Family Violence Summit in April.
The summit, April 11-14, will educate attendees on aspects of child abuse including prosecution of offenders, community awareness of issues and child sex trafficking, according to Victim Assistance Director Andrea Officer. Court Appointed Special Advocates, Community Counseling Solutions and local law enforcement will also have representatives in attendance along with the District Attorney’s Office.
The Grant County Court approved Officer’s request to send the group during a March 22 county court meeting.
The court also:
• approved county Surveyor Mike Springer’s request to purchase a flat file cabinet from Benchmark Surveying for $300.
• changed the capital outlay purchasing amount limit for departments from $100 to $500.
• reviewed and approved an intergovernmental agreement between Grant and Wheeler counties to house Wheeler County inmates.
• approved a request from the District Attorney’s Office to send Deputy District Attorney Mara Houck to training.
• reviewed and approved an intergovernmental agreement between Grant County and the state to use rock from McGirr Quarry to maintain roads in the winter.