Grant County Airport Manager Haley Walker inquired about funding for a number of issues during an April 26 Grant County Court meeting.
The first was an airport weather observation system in need of maintenance. Walker solicited three bids from different companies in the area, and the court authorized her to grant the maintenance contract to Summit Power Systems for $4,750.
The court authorized Walker to hire Grand Ronde Petroleum to perform repairs on an underground storage fuel tank monitoring system in need of repair.
The court also:
• reviewed and approved an intergovernmental agreement to provide the Oregon Department of Forestry with office space at the airport during the upcoming fire season.
• signed a letter of support for a transportation funding pack put forward by the Association of Oregon Counties.
• signed an agreement to trade $5,000 worth of road materials and services to Prairie City in exchange for a snowplow for the airport. Commissioner Jim Hamsher recused himself from voting because he is the mayor of Prairie City.
• signed an amendment to an OHA agreement that increased funding to the school health center by $6,500 while cutting the safe water drinking program by $1,250.
• reviewed a draft of a proposed Grant County volunteer policy, which would reduce liability by documenting volunteers.
• signed a Quitclaim Deed transferring a portion of highway managed by the Oregon Department of Transportation to the control of the Grant County Road Department.
• signed a letter of support for grant funding for 19 miles of snowmobile trail restoration by the Grant County Snowballers.
• discussed the possibility of conducting a court meeting in Monument.