The Grant County District Attorney’s office has received $10,000 to help with programs for children in crisis.
Andrea Officer, the victim assistance director for the county, announced the education service district grant in a Grant County Court meeting Wednesday, May 10.
Grant County Judge Scott Myers said it was a “very appropriate use of the money.”
During the meeting the court also:
• approved a $103,100 bid from Mike Voight Construction to build a shed for road department equipment.
• approved a request from the victim assistance director to purchase a couch locally.
• approved a $13,680 yearly agreement between the Grant County Assessor’s Office and the Oregon Department of Revenue for map maintenance.
• signed a letter of appreciation for Bruce Kaufman in recognition of his volunteer services.
• approved a contract between the county and state for continued substance abuse disorders and problem gambling services funding for Community Counseling Solutions.
• approved electrical work for a new PA system and reader board system at the fairgrounds.
• approved a request from Justice of the Peace Kathy Stinnett to sign a contract with Western Collections Bureau to collect overdue fines.
• signed a previously approved Firewise contract between the county and Jerome Natural Resources.