Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Circuit Court
Andrew M. Johnson, 39, Mt. Vernon, pleaded guilty Sept. 28 to fourth degree assault constituting domestic violence committed on or about July 29, 2017. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail, 40 hours of community service and 36 months of supervised probation. He was fined $350 and ordered to have no offensive contact with the victim.
Grant County Sheriff
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Sept. 28-Oct. 4:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 4
• Average inmates: 15
• Bookings: 1
• Releases: 2
• Arrests: 0
• Citations: 4
• Fingerprints: 2
• Civil papers: 3
• Warrants processed: 3
• Asst./welfare check: 2
• Search and Rescue: 0
• Cited: Denise Staats, 50, Long Creek, driving uninsured and no operator’s license; Megan Sanderson, 24, Lebanon, violation of basic rule 75/55 zone; Christine Daum, 28, John Day, driving while suspended and driving uninsured; Keith Benjamin, 37, Canyon City, driving while suspended and driving uninsured.
The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Driving uninsured: Brett A. Young, 22, Roseburg, July 17, fined $260.
• Exceeding state speed limit: Bethany M. Blumenschein, 38, Bend, Sept. 2, fined $160.
• Violation of the basic rule: Brett A. Young, 22, Roseburg, July 17, 75/55 zone, fined $160; Bengt H Karlsson, 62, Kristianstad, Sweden, Sept. 17, 75/55 zone, fined $160; Robert B. Weseen, 59, North Vancouver, B.C., Sept. 3, 77/55 zone, fined $260.
• Exceeding speed limit: Joanna O. Kaimuloa, 34, Portland, Aug. 29, 47/25 zone, fined $220.
• Use of cell phone while driving: Mariah F. Frazier, 23, Canyon City, Aug. 18, fined $135.
• Violation of speed limit: Jeremy M. Ashlock, 28, Rogers, Arkansas, Sept. 14, 51/30 zone, fined $260; Oqnjen Petras, 46, San Francisco, California, Aug. 20, 46/30 zone, fined $160; Floyd R. Lephart, 73, Durango, Colorado, Sept. 2, 52/35 zone, fined $160.
• Pass in no passing zone: Sunao Kitahara, 37, Cerritos, California, Aug. 21, fined $270.
• Richard B. Hight III, 47, Bend, was convicted of operating a motor vehicle in a managed area. He was fined $335.
John Day dispatch worked 160 calls during the week of Sept. 25-Oct. 1. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police Department
Sept. 25: Dispatched to a non-injury motor vehicle accident in John Day.
Sept. 25: Dispatched for a cow in a yard in Prairie City.
Sept. 27: Received a report of sex abuse in John Day.
Sept. 29: Report of someone using an individual’s checks in John Day.
• Grant County Sheriff’s Office
Sept. 28: Sheriff’s deputies and Long Creek fire responded to a fire in Long Creek.
Sept. 28: Report of horses on Hwy 26.
Sept. 29: A minor on Main Street in John Day was cited for being in possession of alcohol.
Sept. 30: Report of a single-vehicle rollover on Hwy 26.
Oct 1: Responded for a report of a theft at a hunting camp in Granite.
• John Day ambulance
Sept. 25: Responded for a 69-year-old male in Prairie City.
Sept. 25: Responded for a elderly female who fell in Prairie City.
Sept. 25: Responded for an elderly male on Hwy 26.
Sept. 25: Responded for a 97-year-old female in John Day.
Sept. 26: Responded for a 9-year-old female in John Day.
Sept. 26: Responded for a male in Mt. Vernon.
Sept. 27: John Day and Prairie City ambulance responded for a 65-year-old in Prairie City.
Sept. 28: Responded for a 55-year-old male in John Day.
Sept. 28: Responded for a 74-year-old male in John Day.
Sept. 28: Responded for a female in John Day.
Sept. 28: Responded for a 63-year-old male in Canyon City.
Sept. 30: Responded for a female in John Day.
Oct. 1: Responded for a 28-year-old female in John Day.
• Oregon State Police
Sept. 25: Advised of cattle on Hwy 395.
• John Day fire
Sept. 27: John Day fire, Grant County Sheriff’s Office and Oregon State Police responded to a car fire on Hwy 26 near Luce Creek.