Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Sheriff
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Oct. 19-25:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 8
• Average inmates: 14
• Bookings: 9
• Releases: 8
• Arrests: 1
• Citations: 0
• Fingerprints: 6
• Civil papers: 15
• Warrants processed: 3
• Asst./welfare check: 5
• Search and Rescue: 0
The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Exceeding the speed limit: Jana L. Rhoden, 56, Prineville, Sept. 25, 81/65 zone, fined $260; Corbin J. Murphy, 39, Salem, Sept. 25, 74/65 zone, fined $160; George B. Winegar, 57, Prairie City, Oct. 9, 73/65 zone, fined $135; Thomas G. Groesbeck, 60, Spokane, Washington, Oct. 6, 73/65 zone, fined $160.
• Violation of speed limit: Daniel C. Day, 28, Salem, Oct. 1, 68/45 zone, fined $220.
• Violation of basic rule: Moises Segoviano, 41, Redmond, Sept. 25, 71/55 zone, fined $135; Craig A. Tuss, 64, Roseburg, Oct. 8, 68/55 zone, fined $135.
• No operator’s license: Moises Segoviano, 41, Redmond, Sept. 25, fined $200.
• Following too closely: Chenise C. Mutchler, 22, John Day, Sept. 16, fined $220.
• Hunting from or across a highway: Derek M. Forbes, 36, Salem, Sept. 23, fined $110.
Oregon State Police
Oct. 16: Report of a 20-year-old male resident of John Day attempting to illegally purchase a firearm at a hardware store in John Day.
Oct. 16: Responded to a single-vehicle rollover crash on Highway 26 near Dayville where the vehicle ended up in the John Day River. John Day ambulance, Grant County Sheriff’s Office and Dayville fire also responded. Brian R. Terry, 28, La Pine, was arrested and charged with DUII with a 0.15 blood alcohol content.
Oct. 22: Advised of cattle on West Highway 26 in John Day.
John Day dispatch worked 165 calls during the week of Oct. 16-22. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police Department
Oct. 16: Responded to Main Street, John Day, for a possible suicidal subject.
Oct. 16: Dispatched for a report of a stolen bicycle at a fast food restaurant in John Day.
Oct. 16: Responded with sheriff’s office for a possible burglary at a thrift store in John Day.
Oct. 16: Cited James M. Smith, 21, La Grande, on Highway 26 near Indian Creek Road for speeding.
Oct. 17: A caller in Prairie City reported being harassed by a neighbor.
Oct. 18: Responded with sheriff’s office to Blue Mountain Hospital for a report of a suicidal person with a possible bomb. John Day fire was on standby.
Oct. 19: Advised of a theft on Main Street in John Day.
Oct. 19: Responded to a report of trespassing at a vacant house in Prairie City.
• Grant County Sheriff’s Office
Oct. 16: Responded to a report of a calf on West Highway 26 in John Day. The calf was back on the highway the next day.
Oct. 22: Advised of a theft in Canyon City.
• John Day ambulance
Oct. 16: Responded to Dixie Campground for a 28-year-old man.
Oct. 16: Responded to Monument with Monument ambulance and Monument fire for a woman.
Oct. 16: Responded to Long Creek with Long Creek ambulance for an elderly woman with chest pains.
Oct. 17: Responded for a man with blood pressure issues in John Day.
Oct. 18: Responded to Prairie City for an elderly woman.
Oct. 20: Responded for an elderly woman in John Day with difficulty breathing.
Oct. 20: Dispatched for an elderly woman in John Day who fell.
Oct. 20: Responded for a woman who fell from six feet in Mt. Vernon.
Oct. 22: Responded for an 85-year-old man in John Day.
Oct. 22: Responded with Monument ambulance and Monument fire for a 22-year-old woman in Monument.