Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Sheriff
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Feb. 8:
Concealed handgun licenses: 7
Average inmates: 14
Civil papers: 31
Warrants processed: 2
Asst./welfare check: 8
Search and rescue: 0
Feb. 6: Tamara Michael, 47, Mt. Vernon, was cited for driving with a suspended license and no insurance.
Feb. 6: A male juvenile in John Day was cited for possession of marijuana.
Feb. 6: A male juvenile in John Day was cited for DUII, possession of marijuana, minor in possession of alcohol and operating a motor vehicle with improper lighting.
The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Driving while suspended: Tammy Mae Mask, 51, Scio, Nov. 25, fined $435; Olle L. Starnes, 47, John Day, Dec. 13, fined $435; Mitchel D. Long, 47, John Day, Jan. 7, fined $440; James M. Hancock, 43, Canyon City, Jan. 20, fined $435.
• Driving uninsured: David L. Torres, 39, John Day, Jan. 12, fined $225; William C. Thomas, 63, John Day, Dec. 3, fined $260; Olle L. Starnes, 47, John Day, Dec. 13, fined $260; Mitchel D. Long, 47, John Day, Jan. 7, fined $260; James M. Hancock, 43, Canyon City, Jan. 20, fined $260; Garland J. Weissenfluh, 51, Mt. Vernon, Jan. 12, fined $225.
• Violation of the basic rule: Shane O. Reinhart, 39, Athena, Jan. 28, 75/55 zone, fined $140; Patrick S. Saxon, 38, Sacramento, California, Jan. 27, 68/55 zone, fined $165; Robert S. McNitt, 47, Camp Sherman, Jan. 13, 74/55 zone, fined $165; Scott H. Vanden Bos, 30, Wilsonville, Jan. 29, 75/55 zone, fined $165; Robert E. Wagner, 77, Spray, Jan. 12, 75/55 zone, fined $140.
• Exceeding speed limit: Jolyn R. Kerr, 25, Canyon City, Jan. 27, 77/65 zone, fined $240; Corissa L. Wright, 32, Burns, Jan. 26, 75/65 zone, fined $165; Michael A. Salanti, 61, John Day, Jan. 15, 67/45 zone, fined $225.
• Violation of speed limit: James B. Haney, 38, Boise, Idaho, Jan. 20, 84/65 zone, fined $160; Harry L. Bettis, 83, Donnelly, Idaho, Jan. 31, 82/65 zone, fined $265.
• Registration sticker expired: Nicky J. Ballou, 40, John Day, Jan. 24, fined $115.
• Failure to carry a valid registration: Mitchel D. Long, 47, John Day, Jan. 7, fined $115.
• Use of a cellphone while driving: Ethelene Yazzie, 49, Canyon City, Jan. 10, fined $225.
• No operator’s license: David L. Torres, 39, John Day, Jan. 12, fined $135.
Oregon State Police
Feb. 4: Investigated a report of a person finding a dead mule deer on School House Lane in Ritter Jan. 6. Trooper found evidence it was shot.
Feb. 4: Received a report of two bull elk heads and leg bones found in a ditch on Frank’s Creek Road near Dayville. The antlers and skull cap had been sawn off the elk heads.
Feb. 4: Trevor W. Hunt, 40, Estacada, was cited for careless driving following a single-vehicle accident on Highway 19 near the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument.
Feb. 5: Report of cows on Highway 26 near Belshaw Creek.
John Day dispatch worked 121 calls during the week of Feb. 5-11. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police Department
Feb. 5: Received a report of vehicles running stop signs in the Valley View Drive and Charolais Drive area.
Feb. 7: Received a report of a vehicle that failed to stop for a school bus with its red lights on.
Feb. 7: Received a report of a fraudulent check at a credit union in John Day.
Feb. 7: Received a report of a theft on Southwest Fourth Street in John Day.
Feb. 7: Kristopher Goodwin, 27, John Day, was arrested on a Grant County warrant at the Meadowbrook apartments.
Feb. 7: Responded to a theft report on Southwest First Avenue in John Day.
Feb. 8: Dispatched to a criminal mischief report on Kilbourne Street in Prairie City.
Feb. 9: Received a report of harassment in John Day.
Feb. 9: Allan Norris MacMillan Jr., 58, Prairie City, was arrested on South McHaley Avenue in Prairie City and charged with DUII.
Feb. 11: Disposed of a possible drug syringe found in a business on East Main Street in John Day.
• Grant County Sheriff’s Office
Feb. 5: Received a report of harassment on East Main Street in John Day.
Feb. 6: Responded to a report of an unattended llama in Mt. Vernon, which was moved to a ranch.
Feb. 8: Responded with John Day police, John Day ambulance and the Forest Service for a report of a suicide on Laycock Creek.
Feb. 8: Janet Phillips, 75, John Day, was arrested on a Grant County warrant on West Main Street in John Day.
Feb. 8: Dispatched to Southeast Main Street in John Day for harassment report.
Feb. 9: Received a report of a civil problem at a storage business on Wilderness Road in John Day.
• John Day ambulance
Feb. 5: Responded to a senior care facility in Prairie City for a 79-year-old woman.
Feb. 5: Dispatched to Screech Alley Loop in John Day for a man.
Feb. 6: Responded to Izee Paulina Lane in Canyon City for a 76-year-old man.
Feb. 7: Dispatched to East Main Street in Long Creek for a person with a heart attack.
Feb. 9: Responded to Thompson Avenue in Mt. Vernon for an 82-year-old man with arm pain.
Feb. 10: Dispatched to North Harris Street in Prairie City for a 74-year-old man who had fallen and injured a hip.
Feb. 11: Responded to E Avenue in Seneca for a person with a possible stroke.
Feb. 11: Dispatched to Northeast Seventh Avenue in John Day for an 85-year-old woman who had fallen.
Feb. 11: Responded to a senior care facility in John Day for a 90-year-old woman.