Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrest cases.
Grant County Circuit Court
Robert D. Herrera, 61, John Day, pleaded guilty Oct. 4 to a misdemeanor charge of fourth-degree assault committed on May 10. He was sentenced to 30 days house arrest, 36 months probation, 40 hours community service and $800 in fines and fees. A separate charge of strangulation constituting domestic violence allegedly committed on May 15 was dismissed Oct. 4 on the district attorney’s motion that plea negotiations warrant the matter be dismissed.
Cindy L. Bolman, 51, Dayville, pleaded guilty Sept. 20 to misdemeanor driving under the influence of intoxicants committed July 23. She was sentenced to 60 days in jail, 24 months probation, 80 hours of community service and a $3,000 fine. Her driver’s license was suspended for one year, and she was required to install an ignition interlock device on any vehicle she drives. Two counts of recklessly endangering another person were dismissed. A separate charge of driving with a suspended or revoked license allegedly committed Aug. 27 was dismissed as a result of the guilty plea in the other case.
Grant County Sheriff
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Oct. 3:
Concealed handgun licenses: 5
Average inmates: 18
Civil papers: 26
Warrants processed: 2
Asst./welfare check: 1
Search and rescue: 0
Sept. 28: Allison Field, 41, Canyon City, was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device.
Sept. 28: David Platt, 65, Park City, Utah, was cited for exceeding the speed limit, 47/25 zone.
Oct. 1: Stevie Porter, 34, Mt. Vernon, was cited for having a dog that was a public nuisance.
• Violation of basic rule: Brady K. Burch, 20, John Day, June 21, 100/55 zone, fined $1,150.
• Exceeding speed limit: William D. Hueckman, 64, John Day, Sept. 9, 76/65 zone, fined $225; Rose M. Boileau, 68, Fruitland, Idaho, Sept. 9, 33/25 zone, fined $100; Lester Koby, 51, Boise, Idaho, Sept. 14, 78/65 zone, fined $225; Mary K. Armstrong, 30, John Day, Sept. 15, 51/35 zone, fined $140; Jade L. Jackson, 29, Houston, Texas, Sept. 16, 75/65 zone, fined $165; Sandra M. Davenport, 43, Logan, Utah, Sept. 10, 45/25 zone, fined $165; Eric R. Murray, 30, Bend, Sept. 3, 72/65 zone, fined $165.
• Violation of speed limit: James K. Schmidt, 59, House Springs, Missouri, Sept. 16, 69/45 zone, fined $265; Anthony I. Palmer, 35, Portland, July 12, 38/25 zone, fined $265; Karissa Richardson, 22, Prairie City, Aug. 4, 51/35 zone, fined $140.
• Failure to drive within lane: Jacob R. Durgan, 33, Culver, July 5, fined $265; Katrina M. Page, 45, John Day, Sept. 9, fined $225.
• No operator’s license: John E. Guthridge, 54, Burns, Aug. 10, fined $265.
• Failure to renew registration: Kelly C. Riggle, 28, Lostine, Sept. 1, fined $115.
• Registration sticker expired: Patrick J. McLain, 36, Lakeview, Sept. 1, fined $115.
• Pass in no passing zone: Debra L. Hueckman, 60, John Day, Sept. 8, fined $190.
• Operate without required light: Bertrand A. Brown, 58, East Helena, Montana, May 25, fined $140.
• Operate with nonstandard light: Rodney Rookstool, 57, Prairie City, Sept. 7, fined $140.
• Use of cellphone while driving: Sabrina K. Howard, 35, Prairie City, July 28, fined $265.
• No seat belt: John E. Guthridge, 55, Burns, Aug. 10, fined $115.
• Failure to properly use safety belt: Gary L. Lambeth, 62, Canyon City, Sept. 25, fined $115.
• Hunting with a prohibited method: Gene Pukhalsry, 33, Portland, Sept. 15, fined $115.
Oregon State Police
Oct. 2: Observed with radar a vehicle traveling 47 mph in a construction zone on Highway 395 in Canyon City. Roy L. Hinton, 59, John Day, was arrested and charged with driving while under the influence of intoxicants, alcohol and cannabis.
Oct. 5: Responded to Highway 26 for a crash near Blue Mountain Summit. A pickup hauling a 48-foot car-carrier trailer with two crashed vehicles tipped over while negotiating a curve. Reginald L. Patterson, 59, Nampa, Idaho, was cited for careless driving.
John Day dispatch worked 164 calls during the week of Oct. 1-7, including:
• John Day Police Department
Oct. 1: Received a report of suspicious circumstances on West Main Street in John Day.
Oct. 2: Dispatched to the hospital in John Day for a hit-and-run crash with damage.
Oct. 3: Advised of a suspicious person at the county health department building in John Day.
Oct. 3: Responded to Southwest Brent Drive in John Day for a dispute.
Oct. 4: Following a traffic stop on South Canyon Boulevard, Dennis Hornstra, 28, San Francisco, California, was cited for speeding, 44/20 zone.
Oct. 5: Responded to the Seventh Street Complex in John Day for an unwanted person.
Oct. 5: Received a report of a woman having a possible overdose on Third Street in John Day.
Oct. 6: Responded with state police to an apartment complex in east John Day for a domestic disturbance.
Oct. 6: Received a report of possible identity theft on South Canyon Boulevard in John Day.
Oct. 6: Advised of possible forgery on South Canyon Boulevard in John Day.
Oct. 7: Responded to a restaurant on Main Street in John Day for a trespassing report.
• Oregon State Police
Oct. 1: Advised of a suspicious vehicle on Southeast Dayton Street in John Day.
Oct. 2: Provided information about a dead bull elk near Bates State Park.
Oct. 5: Received a report of cattle on Highway 26 near Dayville.
Oct. 5: Responded to Highway 26 near Blue Mountain Summit for a vehicle crash with no injuries.
Oct. 5: Dispatched to Highway 26 west of John Day for a noninjury crash.
• Grant County Sheriff’s Office
Oct. 1: Received a report of a burglary on Highway 26 in Mt. Vernon.
Oct. 1: Advised with Forest Service law enforcement of a missing person on Austin Road.
Oct. 1: Received a report of criminal mischief at the county jail.
Oct. 1: Advised of a missing person near Paulina.
Oct. 2: Received a report of harassment on Front Street in Prairie City.
Oct. 2: Advised of trespassing on Clear Creek Road in Granite.
Oct. 2: Received a report of fraud in rural John Day.
Oct. 2: Advised of suspicious circumstances on East 11th Street in Prairie City.
Oct. 3: Received a report of a theft on Southwest 12th Street in Prairie City.
Oct. 3: Advised of a missing person on West Bench Road in John Day.
Oct. 4: Received a report of a dispute at an apartment complex in Prairie City.
Oct. 6: Advised of a suicidal person on South Kilbourne Street in Prairie City.
Oct. 7: Received a report of a burglary on A Avenue in Seneca.
Oct. 7: Advised of a possible theft on Marysville Lane in Canyon City.
Oct. 7: Received a report of a suspicious vehicle on Canyon Creek Lane in Canyon City.
• John Day ambulance
Oct. 1: Transported a patient to the airport in John Day.
Oct. 1: Transported a patient to Bend.
Oct. 2: Dispatched to a senior home in John Day for an elderly woman.
Oct. 2: Responded to Northwest Seventh Street in John Day for an elderly man.
Oct. 3: Dispatched to a senior home in John Day for a man who was feeling faint.
Oct. 3: Transported a patient to the airport in John Day.
Oct. 4: Dispatched to South Main Street in Prairie City for a woman who had fallen.
Oct. 6: Responded to a senior home in John Day for an unconscious woman.
Oct. 6: Dispatched to West Main Street in John Day for a man with a possible kidney stone.
Oct. 7: Responded to West Main Street in John Day.
Oct. 7: Dispatched to South Johnson Avenue in Prairie City.
Oct. 7: Responded to North Johnson Avenue in Prairie City for a 24-year-old woman with a leg injury.
Oct. 7: Dispatched to Manny Neal Road in Kimberly for an ATV rollover accident.
• Grant County Road Department
Oct. 4: Advised of a suspicious vehicle at the Long Creek School.