JOHN DAY – The Malheur National Forest is preparing for fall prescribed burns over the next few months, as weather allows.
Designated areas planned for treatment are:
Blue Mountain Ranger District
• Crawford Unit, Crawford Creek area near the east end of State Route 7.
• 18 Road Corridor.
• Balance Unit, near Balance Lake along the Middle Fork of the John Day River.
Prairie City Ranger District
• Knox Unit, southeast portion of the PCRD.
• 16 Road Corridor.
Emigrant Creek Ranger District
• George Unit, west of the 45 road, Twin Springs Reservoir and Gravelly Flat areas.
• Whistle Unit by Delintment Lake.
Maps of the burn units and updates are available at Malheur National Forest offices.
For more information on prescribed burning, call 541-575-3000. To report a wildlife, call the John Day Interagency Dispatch Center at 541-575-1321.