The following campgrounds and trails are open to the public in the Canyon Creek Complex fire area:
· Fall Mountain Lookout
· Wickiup Campground
· Slide Creek Campground
· Slide Horse Campground
· Strawberry Campground
· Strawberry Trail #375 to the junction with Trail #5004 to Strawberry Falls
· Trail #5004 from Strawberry Falls is open to the junction with Trail #5003 to Little Strawberry Lake
· Slide Creek Trail #386
· Big Creek Snowshoe Trail #377 is open to the junction with Meadow Fork Trail #376
· Meadow Fork Trail #376 is open from the junction with Big Creek Snowshoe Trail #377 south to the junction with trail #379
· Trail # 5007 to Slide Lake is open
· Trail #372 from its junction with Strawberry Lake Trail #375 to Trail #5001 to Slide Lake
· Skyline Trail #385
A large portion of the Strawberry Mountain Wilderness remains closed to public entry, in addition to some adjacent non-wilderness areas where firefighters and large equipment continue work to mop-up hot spots, tie in fire lines, remove hazards, and strengthen contingency lines. As progress continues to be made, it is anticipated additional areas will be opened.
The public is reminded to be aware of what areas are open for use and what areas remain closed.
For more information call Malheur National Forest service office, 541-575-3000, or go to www.fs.usda.gov/malheur.