- The Grant County Wildfire 9-10-11 and Lady Pros 18U teams compete in busy summer schedule.
- Monument educator will be considered for statewide award.
- Local student plans car show for senior project.
- Attendance ‘great’ this year.
- Patriot Days theme celebrated.
- Gold Diggers’ regional win a ‘Cinderella’ story
- 2018 Gold Rush Run & Walk results.
- Guest speakers include former first lady Mary Oberst.
The Friends of Kam Wah Chung held a poster contest in celebration of Kam Wah Chung & Co.’s 140th anniversary.
Fifteen Grant Union student entries were received and voted on by members of the board of dir...
- Quilt show continues Saturday.
- A John Day 4-H shooting sports group will compete at the state level in Albany.
- Carl Lino is ’62 Days grand marshal
- 11 of the school’s teams qualified for state.
- Humbolt sixth-grade teacher moving to administration.
A host of volunteers welcomed 117 elementary students, mostly sixth-graders, from five county schools to an aviation field day Thursday at the Grant County Regional Airport in John Day.
The students from Humbolt, S...
The sun is shining, flowers are blooming and the bees are buzzing.
All the telltale signs of the changing seasons may cause one to open the curtains and launch into some spring cleaning.
Whether you need home...
- Grant Union’s baseball season ends, and head coach resigns due to work schedule.
Grant Union School District 3 music director Lori Hart led the junior high and high school bands and combined choir in a May 22 spring concert.
The focus was on superheroes, with songs from movies such as “T...
- The Lady Pros suffer a heartbreaking 1-point loss to Clatskanie.
- Prospector girls will host Clatskanie at 3 p.m. Friday in John Day for state quarterfinal round.
Changes at Grant School District 3 are on the horizon as Superintendent Curt Shelley resigns at the end of the school year, and several other positions at the school district open up.
Shelley has accepted a positio...
- 12 golfers tee off from incorrect hole at No. 13.
- Prospector softball team will host a state playoff game on Wednesday after defeating the Cubs.
- Thomas places fifth in 1,500
- The Grant Union boys baseball team defeats Elgin 8-1 to advance to state playoffs.
- Twelve Grant Union athletes will compete at track and field state championships.
- Pros advance after 8-7 win over Mustangs.
- Prospector girls host playoff Friday
- Emerson, Thomas, Burke, Camarena move on.
- Youths from five Grant County schools learn about safe and healthy choices.
- Elementary students and John Day Elks Lodge volunteers enjoy day of fishing together in Mt. Vernon.
- Prospectors place second at district tournament
The Grant Union Prospector baseball team will host the Heppner Mustangs at 4 p.m. Friday in John Day for a Special District 6 playoff game.
On Tuesday, the Pilot Rock Rockets beat the Elgin Huskies, giving the Pros...
- Grant County students in grades 1 through 12 compete at local spelling bee.
- Students learn to better manage stress.
- Director passes torch to new leaders of Youth Arts Program
- Runners, walkers and bicyclists lace up for special event.
Prospector Cameron Hallgarth outdid himself Friday, setting personal records in javelin, discus and shot put at the Grant Union Invitational in John Day.
He placed first in javelin, with a throw of 152-06.50, and f...
- Prairie City boys and girls place second at the High Desert League home meet on Thursday.
- 20 students from seven schools participate.
- Oregon Coast Aquarium visits Prairie City.
- Girls ranked sixth in the state
Dayville students will take the spotlight at the school at 7 p.m., Thursday, April 26, in a theatrical performance “World Life Experience” using puppetry and black lights to bring a colorful array of animal...