- Parents can register their 0-5 age children for a Ready 2 Learn card for reading and college savings.
- The Silver Spur Cafe serves up meals with Mt. Vernon's western-style traditions.
- Special Olympians show sportsmanship at regional track and field meet.
- There is still time to sign up for Saturday's sixth annual CASA Golf Scramble to be held at the John Day Golf Club.
- Grant County softball team to compete in July 8 state competition.
- Four Grant School District No. 3 staff members set to retire.
- This weekend's Geocoin Challenge will take geocachers on a treasure hunt while visiting bridges in Grant County.
- Gold Rush runners and walkers take in Canyon City's scenic views.
- The John Day Swim Team begins season with new coach.
- Grant Union's Mariah Moulton receives All-State softball honors.
- Grant County seniors are awarded Elks scholarships.
- Competitors "shoot it out" at this year's Iron Man competition.
- Five Grant County panelists share views with Oregon Department of Agriculture board of directors at local meeting.
- Free Fishing Event draws a crowd of 90 youth anglers.
- Competition is hot as cowboys and cowgirls "shoot it out" in the friendly Cowboy Fastdraw competition in Canyon City this weekend.
- Several Prospector softball players were selected for 3A All-League honors for the Eastern Oregon League.
- Author Jane Nagler will hold a book signing June 11 at the DeWitt Museum in Prairie City.
- Mass casualty disaster drill gives local emergency responders a learning experience.
- Housing assistance program offers services to increase housing stability for veteran families that are at risk of or are experiencing homelessness.
- Former Seneca resident's daughter will play at the College Women's World Series Thursday, June 2.
- Local students' research project returns from space station.
- Humbolt fifth-graders take a close look at nature during a recent study of the ecosystem.
- A wooden sculpture adds a welcoming touch to Seventh Street Complex.
- Several fun events kept the crowd hopping at this year's Cinnabar Mountain Rendezvous in Mt. Vernon.
- Drug testing being considered for Grant Union student athletes.
- The Cinnabar Mountain Playdays Youth Rodeo Series starts June 11 at the Grant County Fairgrounds.
- Ironman Shoot organizers hope to attract a bigger crowd this year.
- Mary Ann Vidourek takes a look back at her music education career, and a look forward as she prepares to retire.
- Cinnabar Mountain Rendezvous is around the corner — here are the events on the schedule.
- Christian motorcycle groups gather in John Day for worship and hitting the open road.
- Grant Union girls team wins state championship title with mental and physical toughness.
- Sen. Jeff Merkley's morning town hall meeting draws a crowd.
- GW Clark is ready to ride, preparing for the Oregon State Rodeo Finals next month.
- Monument athletes make waves at track and field State Championships.
- Garrett Hitz and Amaya Zweygardt reach goals at state championships — Hitz breaks state record.
- Dayville's Kristina Humphreys takes first in javelin at the state championships with a personal record throw.
- Athlete Fernando Rodriguez makes Long Creek School's first appearance at state in about 10 years.
EUGENE — Local athletes had a record-breaking first day at the OSAA Track and Field State Championships in Eugene Thursday.
Garrett Hitz and Kaylee Wright both set state meet records in their respective even...
EUGENE — Grant Union freshman Kaylee Wright broke the 2A state record for javelin with a throw of 131-3 Thursday, May 19, at the OSAA Track and Field State Championships in Eugene.
She placed first in the ev...
JOHN DAY — Music lovers, mark your calendars.
The final District band and choir concert of the school year will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 24, at Grant Union Junior-Senior High School’s new gym.
- A total of 186 Grant County fourth- through sixth-grade students attended this year's Youth Life Skills and Safety Fair at Humbolt Elementary.
JOHN DAY — Green plants and flowers of many varieties are going gangbusters at the Grant Union Junior-Senior High School Greenhouse.
Garden goodies from the student-run nursery are in high demand, as locals ...
UNION — Grant Union’s track and field head coach Sonna Smith had long-held hopes realized when her girls team won the league championship at Friday’s 2A-6 Wapiti League Districts in Union.
JOHN DAY — The Grant Union Prospectors are tucking their baseball gear away for the season after splitting wins on Monday with Pilot Rock/Nixyaawii.
The Rockets’ 8-6 win of Game One nudged the Prospec...
JOHN DAY — The chance for postseason play looked good for the Grant Union softball team last Friday, after sweeping Riverside/Arlington 10-0 and 15-5; however, those hopes were dashed.
Echo/Stanfield lost a ...
PENDLETON — The Grant Union golf team’s season came to a close at the Pendleton Country Club at the May 8-10 1A/2A/3A District Golf Championship.
The Prospectors competed on the par 72 course with 12 ...
ONTARIO — Grant County’s 1A track and field teams competed at Friday’s Special District 4 Championship in Ontario.
The Monument girls won third at the event, and the Prairie City and Long Creek...
MT. VERNON — Adult volunteers and younger counterparts were angling for a fun day of fishing during last Friday’s Elks Fishing Buddies event.
This is the fourth year Gail and Shirley Enright have host...
JOHN DAY — Grant County kids learned that healthy living can be fun during the third semi-annual Healthy ‘N Fit Camp held May 10 at the Grant County Fairgrounds.
Over 160 kindergarten through third-gr...
JOHN DAY — The National Weather Service in Pendleton warned heavy rain may lead to flooding this weekend as a low pressure system moves across Oregon and Southeast Washington this weekend. Affected cities include ...