- The Lady Prospectors will face Pilot Rock on Saturday, Feb. 25, in state basketball playoffs.
- Here is a wrapup of the 1A-8 High Desert District Basketball Tournament.
- No. 2 Prairie City boys face No. 1 Jordan Valley at 5:45 p.m. in district championship game Saturday in John Day.
- Prairie City girls advance in district tournament to face Adrian at 6 p.m. Friday.
- Grant Union boys are No. 3 in the Wapiti League after winning a Tuesday night tiebreaker.
- Grant Union girls, 7-1, are seeded No. 1 for Wapiti District Tournament.
- Prairie City Panthers knock out a 54-point win at their home court.
Grant Union dancers shine for third-place trophy
The 2A Grant Union Gold dancers, led by coach Kattie Piazza, danced their way to third place at the Friday through Saturday South Albany Competition.
- Grant Union boys compete in playoff for third seed on Tuesday, Feb. 14, in La Grande.
- Oregon Cultural Trust grants are awarded to six local organizations.
- The Grant Union girls focus on final league game after two-point loss to Crane.
- Grant Union boys look to final league game after win over Crane.
- Downtown store offers variety of handmade gifts from several vendors.
- Harsh Patel’s team competes in Princeton entrepreneurship competition.
- Grant County sports teams compete on the road and at home.
- Grant Union boys take on tough teams for a win and a loss.
- The Lady Prospectors move to top spot in league Saturday after defeating Imbler Panthers.
The Prairie City Panthers were on the hunt for another win on Tuesday, this time in Monument/Dayville Tiger territory.
Prairie City claimed a 56-51 victory over the Tigers at the Panther court on Friday, and Tuesda...
- Monument/Dayville and Prairie City girls battle at Monument court.
- Grant Union girls are second in Wapiti League.
Grant Union wrestlers win at dual meet
The Grant Union wrestling team hosted Enterprise and Union/Cove for a dual meet on Friday in John Day.
As a team, Grant Union beat Enterprise 42-21 and Union/Cove 9-6.
- Prairie City claims victory over Monument/Dayville girls in hoops action.
- Fans cheer on Prairie City and Monument/Dayville teams in Prairie City.
- John Day rodeo photographer Lindsey Wyllie wins his sixth consecutive Photographer of the Year award.
Recently retired music director Mary Ann Vidourek has traveled far and wide with her students — oftentimes behind the wheel of a Grant School District No. 3 bus.
She was recognized by the Oregon Music Educat...
- Grant Union’s new baseball coach plans to lead team in traditional style.
Prairie City boys on five-game win streak
The Panther boys basketball team had an 81-53 win on Friday over the Adrian Antelopes at the Prairie City court.
That decisive win and a couple more big wins place th...
- Monument/Dayville Lady Tigers battle Adrian.
- Wrestlers show determination facing tough opponents.
- Tigers take 4-point victory over Adrian at Dayville court.
The Grant Union Lady Prospectors claimed a 47-18 win over the Union Bobcats Saturday, after a 51-18 win over the Elgin Huskies on the road the previous day.
The games were again played without senior starter Heathe...
- Lady Panthers battle tough against Crane at home.
- Grant Union boys beat Elgin and lose to Union.
- Tiger basketball teams net wins, and Grant Union’s wrestling team finishes 4-2 in Redmond.
- Prairie City is second in High Desert League.
- Grant Union students win BMW patch design contest.
- Brogan McKrola of Mt. Vernon earns the rank of Eagle Scout.
- The first baby of 2017 was born at Blue Mountain Hospital on Jan. 2.
- Grant County teams were on the road last week for competitions; here are the results.
- Grant Union teams fall to Irrigon at home court.
- Mikeala Donohue offers haircuts and styles for the whole family at Just Teasin'hair salon in John Day.
- The Grant County Youth Wrestling Club wraps up their season.
- The Christmas Trap Shoot in Seneca draws a crowd.
- Grant County elementary basketball buffs took aim during the annual Elks Lodge Hoop Shoot challenge.
- Grant County basketball teams stayed busy, competing during the holiday break.
- A new eating place will open soon in John Day.
- Here's a look at 16 sports highlights from the year 2016.