- Tuesday, March 28, is ‘Bernice McPheeters Burdick Day’ as she celebrates the 100 year mark.
- Prairie City track and field team has a new leader at the helm.
- Field of 13 Grant Union students explain their scientific process to judges.
- Grant Union students brighten stage with music.
Grant Union Gold ends season with state performance
Although they didn’t win a trophy, Grant Union Gold dance team members said they had a positive experience at last week’s 4A-1A OSAA Dance and Drill...
Grant Union junior Annie Wall will pack her bags in June for an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C., courtesy of Oregon Trail Electric Co-op.
Wall will join three other Eastern Oregon high school students fo...
- Dayville couple says ranch life teaches their children important lessons.
- The Grant Union Lady Prospectors win 12-2 in home opener.
- Prospector baseball team takes 1-point win over Honkers at Malone Field.
- The 2A Grant Union Prospectors warm up for the season in first game against 3A Burns.
- Dancers shine at Spring Showcase recital.
- The Grant Union golf team practices for their first outing on Friday.
- Head coach DeAnna Nash said her softball team is a hard-working group.
- A special basketball game brings two teams together for a friendly competition.
Grant Union Junior-Senior High School sophomore Anastasiya Hozhenko received recognition for her colored pencil drawing “The Glass Red Pepper” at a regional high school art competition.
Her art, along...
Dayville School’s sixth- through 12th-grade students spent March 2 on the slopes at Anthony Lakes Ski Resort.
The ski trip had a focus on physical education, lifelong sports and activities that promote welln...
- The Grant Union Prospector baseball team is ready for the season with a new coach.
- Teachers and staff incorporate fun themes with learning for Dr. Seuss Day and the 100th Day of School.
- Grant Union suffers a 45-29 loss to East Linn in first round consolation match.
- Lady Pros enter consolation bracket Friday.
- Here are fitness and nutrition tips for a healthier you.
- Participants learn new skills, healthy habits.
- Grant Union wrestler Clay Johnson takes second, Drew Lusco fourth, at championships.
- Round Two loss for Panthers cuts short post-season dreams.
- Grant Union actors present mystery on school stage.
- Grant Union girls will face Kennedy at state basketball championships in Pendleton this week.
- Basketball game will be fun for the whole family as Grant County Special Olympics takes on local law enforcement.
- The Prairie City boys basketball team will face Hosanna Christian in Round Two on Friday.
- Four Grant Union wrestlers will advance to the Feb. 24-25 state championships.
- Panther boys take on Echo in Round One playoff game Tuesday, Feb. 21, in Prairie City.
- The Grant Union Prospector boys season ends with ‘dog fight’ against Bobcats.
- Prairie City girls close out a season of improvement at the High Desert District Tournament.
- Monument/Dayville Tiger season ends at High Desert District Tournament.
- Monument/Dayville girls have loss and win at district tournament.
- The Lady Prospectors will face Pilot Rock on Saturday, Feb. 25, in state basketball playoffs.
- Here is a wrapup of the 1A-8 High Desert District Basketball Tournament.
- No. 2 Prairie City boys face No. 1 Jordan Valley at 5:45 p.m. in district championship game Saturday in John Day.
- Prairie City girls advance in district tournament to face Adrian at 6 p.m. Friday.
- Grant Union boys are No. 3 in the Wapiti League after winning a Tuesday night tiebreaker.
- Grant Union girls, 7-1, are seeded No. 1 for Wapiti District Tournament.
- Prairie City Panthers knock out a 54-point win at their home court.
Grant Union dancers shine for third-place trophy
The 2A Grant Union Gold dancers, led by coach Kattie Piazza, danced their way to third place at the Friday through Saturday South Albany Competition.
- Grant Union boys compete in playoff for third seed on Tuesday, Feb. 14, in La Grande.
- Oregon Cultural Trust grants are awarded to six local organizations.
- The Grant Union girls focus on final league game after two-point loss to Crane.
- Grant Union boys look to final league game after win over Crane.
- Downtown store offers variety of handmade gifts from several vendors.
- Harsh Patel’s team competes in Princeton entrepreneurship competition.
- Grant County sports teams compete on the road and at home.
- Grant Union boys take on tough teams for a win and a loss.