- Mt. Vernon man faces kidnapping and rape charges in Idaho.
- Medical emergency averted by quick action.
- Main focus will be economic development.
- Mayor hopes to ensure projects are completed.
Several mayors of Grant County’s small cities didn’t have to face a competitive election this year. These voluntary citizens perform an important function that’s sometimes hard to fill in small, rura...
- Audit showed $55,000 overpayment.
- Idlewild Sno-Park also seeking grant funding.
- One Monument council race ends in draw.
- Don Mooney was a soldier-tourist.
- Hillside fire visible from downtown John Day.
- Andy Vogt may still face federal charges.
- Local outage coincides with visit.
- Andy Vogt could face federal trafficking charges in addition to state rape, kidnapping charges
- East-side residents concerned about speeders.
- County court rejects ODOT quarry buffer zone request.
- No word yet on much-needed federal grant.
- Association of Oregon Counties misused road funds
- Alleged victim was a minor girl.
- New sergeant position saving county money.
- Vice President Pence surprises county representatives.
- Terry Smith remains identified, truck found in Boise.
- More than 300 objections received.
- Funding needed to make up budget shortfall.
- Carpenter proposal addresses grant funding loss.
- Pro tem justices of the peace selected.
- Funds to go for new call system.
- Tournament kicks off with Tiger-Panther match-up.
Two candidates face off this fall for the Grant County commissioner seat formerly held by Boyd Britton. The Grant County Court appointed attorney Rob Raschio interim commissioner on July 3 to fill out the remainder of Br...
- Garrison and Preston on ballot, Hamsher and Philbrook as write-ins.
- Planning commission to hear zoning request.
- ODOT will seek grant for South Canyon Boulevard project.
- New workstation console could cost $46,000.
- Annexation process starts with Oct. 23 hearing.
- Two incumbents and three challengers vie for positions.
- Three incumbents and one challenger.
- One incumbent and five challengers vie for three seats.
- Two incumbents and one challenger for two seats.
- Second award in nine months for Lovell.
- No competitive races in five cities.
- Chief Durr is Grant Union’s new school resource officer.
- Kevin Hines: ‘Life is a gift. That’s why they call it the present.’
- Democratic challenger calls for more consensus.
- Emergency plan for courthouse reviewed.
- Benefits could go to new owner, not builder
- Applications sought for advisory group.
- The Eagle celebrates its sesquicentennial
- Draft expands as war drags on.
- Local doughboys describe war conditions.
- Deadliest natural disaster in human history.
- Spring access denied by Forest Service