Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrested listed.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Jose L. Escobedo, 31, pleaded guilty to possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, and fined $500.
Oregon State Police
• At about 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 25, Oregon State Police arrested Stephen Paul Hancock, 38, Canyon City, with unlawful possession of methamphetamine.
• At about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 26, OSP responded to a vehicle crash on State Route 7, just a few miles east of Austin Junction. The driver lost control on the icy roadway while negotiating a curve. All four occupants were wearing seatbelts and not injured.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Jan. 17-23:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 10
• Average inmates: 15.3
• Bookings: 6
• Releases: 8
• Arrests: 2
• Citations: 2
• Fingerprints: 7
• Civil papers processed: 11
• Warrants processed: 3
• Assistance/welfare check: 1
• Cited a juvenile boy from John Day for possession of marijuana.
• Cited Daniel Garrison, 36, of Canyon City, for driving uninsured and improper display of stickers.
John Day dispatch worked 115 calls during the week of Jan. 20-26. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Jan. 22: Report of shoplifting at Chester’s Thriftway.
Jan. 24: Cited a Heppner man for driving uninsured.
Jan. 25: Theft reported at Bare Bones; cited a John Day woman for no driver’s license, driving without insurance, and expired plates.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Jan. 21: Arrested a Prairie City man for telephone harassment.
Jan. 23: Cited an Aberdeen, Wash., man for initiating a false report, misuse of 911 and menacing; cited a Pleasant Hill woman for failure to carry proof of insurance.
• John Day ambulance:
Jan. 21: Dispatched for a man with difficulty breathing and stomach pain.
Jan. 22: Responded to Unity for a 96-year-old woman in pain; dispatched for a woman with a diabetic issue.
• Prairie City ambulance:
Jan. 22: Dispatched for a woman with a leg injury.
• Long Creek ambulance:
Jan. 23: Responded for a 2 year-old boy.
• Monument ambulance:
Jan. 25: 91-year-old woman who fell.
• Canyon City Fire Department:
Jan. 25: Report of a brush fire in the Adam Drive area.
CANYON CITY –The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Illegal backing: David Duane Buck, 69, Canyon City, fined $110.
• Failure to obey traffic control device: Kimberly Suzanne Ausland, 46, John Day, fined $220.
• Violation of the speed limit: Kimberly Suzanne Ausland, 46, John Day, 35/20 zone, fined $135.
• Melanie Delgado, John Day, convicted of minor-in-possession of alcohol. She was fined $435, and her diver’s license was suspended for one year, with a mandatory minimum of 90 days.
• Dusty I. Cooper of Kalispell, Mont., was convicted of second-degree criminal trespss. He was sentenced to 40 hours community service, fined $100, ordered to not hunt in Oregon for the term of probation, and to write a letter of apology to the victim.
• Caleb E. Crofts of Kalispell, Mont., was convicted of second-degree criminal trespss. He was sentenced to 40 hours community service, fined $100, ordered to not hunt in Oregon for the term of probation, and to write a letter of apology to the victim.