Arrests and citations in the Blue Mountain Eagle are taken from the logs of law enforcement agencies. Every effort is made to report the court disposition of arrested listed.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Circuit Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Stephanie Leigh Sweek, 41, pleaded guilty to driving under the influence of intoxicants. She was sentenced to jail for five day and supervised probation for 18 months, and fined $1,150. Her driver’s license was suspended for one year. The court dismissed one count of recklessly endangering another person.
Oregon State Police
• At 5:42 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17, Oregon State Police cited Patricia Jo Winter, 59, of John Day, following a single vehicle rollover crash, as she swerved to miss a deer.
• At about 6:44 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, OSP investigated a crash between a commercial vehicle, driven by Terence Keith Crabb, 62, of Canyon City, and a car driven by Mattie Louise Osborne, 68, of Fox. Neither was seriously injured.
• On Thursday, Feb. 20, OSP cited Travis Hunter born, 23, John Day, for failure to carry and present driver’s license.
• At about 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21, OSP arrested James D. Loveday, 51, Mt. Vernon, on Highway 26 in Mt. Vernon, for driving while suspended/revoked-misdemeanor and probation violation, and cited him for driving uninsured. He was lodged in Grant County Jail.
• At about 11 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, OSP cited Austin Gene Harris, 20, Heppner, and Andria Louise Kelley, 19, John Day, for minor-in-possession of alcohol.
Grant County Sheriff
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Sheriff’s Office reported the following for the week of Feb. 14-20:
• Concealed handgun licenses: 5
• Average inmates: 24.2
• Bookings: 6
• Releases: 3
• Arrests: 1
• Fingerprints: 4
• Civil papers processed: 15
• Warrants processed: 3
John Day dispatch worked 110 calls during the week of Feb. 17-23. Along with the various traffic warnings, trespassing, injured animals, noise complaints and juvenile complaints, these calls included:
• John Day Police:
Feb. 19: Cited a Bend man for speeding; theft reported at Grubsteak Mining Company.
Feb. 20: Cited a 16-year-old for speeding.
Feb. 23: Arrested a Fossil man for DUII-alcohol, and cited for failure to use lights, driving uninsured and illegal display of plates; cited a John Day man for two counts of furnishing alcohol to minors.
• Grant County Sheriff:
Feb. 17: Responded to a report of dogs killing sheep.
Feb. 22: Report of stolen wood in the Wiley Creek area; illegal fireworks reported in the Carpenter Pond area.
• John Day ambulance:
Feb. 21: Requested for a woman with trouble breathing.
Feb. 23: Responded for a man at Dayville City Park; responded for a 61-year-old man.
• Canyon City Fire Department:
Feb. 19: Responded to a report of heavy smoke at a residence.
• Seneca ambulance:
Feb. 22: Responded to a single-vehicle rollover accident in the Scotty Creek-Highway 26 area; responded for a woman with diabetic problems.
CANYON CITY – The Grant County Justice Court reported the following fines and judgments:
• Violating the speed limit: Christina L. Greiner, 44, Prineville, 50/35 zone, fined $160.
• Violation of the basic rule: William Walter Brendecke, 36, John Day, 74/55 zone, fined $160; Devin Burril, 25, Canyon City, 70/55 zone, fined $130.
• Careless driving-accident: Jerry Dean Olsen, 61, Meridian, Idaho, fined $435.
• Exceeding permitted weight limit: Timothy Allen Rude, 39, Prairie City, fined $200.
• Driving while revoked-violation: Stevie Lynn Porter, 30, Mt. Vernon, fined $330.
• John R. Dunn, John Day, convicted of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, and fined $650.
• Cam Credits Inc. v. Holly Ford of Prairie City. Money judgment awarded to Cam Credits Inc. for $4,083.57.
• Ray Klein Inc. v. Michael Dean Gibson of Long Creek. Money judgment awarded to Ray Klein Inc. for $1,120.35.