The Malheur National Forest received multiple lightning strikes across the forest June 12.
- Crews respond to four fires on Malheur
- Construction underway for torrefaction plant
- Bill proposes ending suspensions for drivers who can't afford traffic fines
- Artist describes a Main Street vision for John Day
- Cops and Courts: June 12, 2019
- Oregon bans plastic checkout bags, requires request for plastic straws
- Oregon governor critical of revised wolf plan
- Grant Union baseball player, coach participate in All-Star series
- Elliott wins Gold Rush Run
- Finding bright spots in new economic study
The Grant County Fire Defense District announced regulated closures for fire season take effect June 15. Check with local jurisdictions for burning restrictions.
Last week the nation and Europe marked the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings.
There is great irony in a legislative proposal to embrace the National Popular Vote, which would change how Oregon helps elect our nation’s president.