Grant County has its 11th COVID-19 case.
The Grant County Health Department confirmed in a press release Friday an individual in the Canyon City ZIP code tested positive.
The health department said they initiated contact tracing. The individual is working with their health care provider for proper care and safety, the press release said, and the department is contacting other people who meet the definition of close contacts — within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes.
The health department encourages all residents to take the following precautions:
• Wear masks indoors and outdoors if 6 feet of distancing can not be maintained.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
• Stay home if you feel ill.
After someone contracts COVID-19, if the develop symptoms they will usually appear within 14 days.
The Grant County Health Department urges anyone exhibiting these symptoms to call 211 or 541-575-0429.