John Day Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire at the Grant County Education Service District building at 835 S. Canyon Blvd., in John Day across the street from the Snaffle Bit Dinner House at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday night. The building was reported as fully engulfed. At least two fire trucks were on scene as well as other emergency responders. Highway 395 South was closed to traffic near the fire while firefighters worked. Officers kept bystanders back from the scene for safety.
- God is bigger than our prayers
- Fired deputy sues county for whistleblower retaliation, wrongful discharge
- Column: A Catholic pastor speaks out about Trump. Some parishioners walk out.
- Forest Service axes 21-inch rule
- Inauguration day prayer vigil
- Dollar General slated for grand opening in summer 2021
- Vaccination circulation: Grant County planned to vaccinate 400 people with the first dose by Wednesday
- Walter Duane Osborne
- Off the Beaten Path: Lost and (hopefully) found
- Oregon scrambles COVID-19 vaccine priority list again